Monday, March 10, 2008

INDIAN EGGS?

Yesterday, Kent said he wants to start a new tradition in our house that on Sundays he will make some kind of desert! He has SUCH a sweet tooth--me not so much so his sweet tooth doesn't get satisfied that often--so I think he finally decided to take matters into his own hands! Well, I am in the need to go grocery shopping (I always wait until I'm down to like NOTHING in the house before I go) so Kent didn't have alot of options yesterday. The one ingredient he needed in just about every recipe was EGGS and of course we had none. Kent being the optimist that he is goes and borrows eggs from our Indian neighbor....he only needed one but they insisted he take the rest of what they had---4 eggs total. Long story short, he made the cookies, they tasted great and we probably had one too many! Well at about 5 this morning, I wake up and Kent asks me what time it is and tells me that he is feeling AWFUL! He is shaking (literally the entire bed was moving from being so cold), aching and said that if he concentrated hard enough he could throw up! I wasn't feeling too hot myself! So I grab Kent a THIRD blanket on top of the down comforter and quilt he's already using, turn up the heat, grab the hot pad for him and turn off the fan. His shaking somewhat subsides, I'm feeling nauseous but finally roll back over and fall asleep hoping this mess would pass. Well this morning, Kent is laying on the couch still not wanting to move from feeling SOOO terrible, I'm weak and nauseous and Boston now ONCE AGAIN has ANOTHER runny nose! Honestly, Kent and I both agree we were poisoned by our neighbors EGGS and that's why they wanted to give us all four!!! They must have something different in those eggs that are making us feel this way! We were so appreciative they let us have some eggs but now not so much! These are the days I wish someone was here to tend to us and baby us and most of all watch Boston so we don't have to chase him around all day! But I guess that's part of being a parent--even when you're sick you never get a break!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being sick SUCKS! Thanks for your help babe.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh! that is TERRIBLE! Hope that you feel better soon!

Jamie said...

Oh no!!!!!!! I have to laugh a little becuase.....when I was little we had some neighobors that were Indian and we needed eggs on a Sunday, similar situation (Grandma Jeanne happened to be there). Borrowed the eggs we needed for breakfast. When I saw that they were brown I freaked out! I couldn't eat them. I totally imagined them from a chicken in their own backyard or something. Actually to be totally honest I thought all brown eggs were from roosters when I was little! ANYWAY, long story short? I couldn't eat. It grossed me out!
I do have to say the neighbors were very sweet people and good friends. It was all my crazy imagination that made me not be able to eat the eggs they gave us.

So sorry you guys are sick! Hope you all get well soon!

Cardon Family said...

That stinks! hopefully you guys feel better soon...and you are so right...these are the times when family around comes in really really handy!