Wednesday, October 24, 2007

SUPPORTING AIDS IN AFRICA!

Do I sound like Oprah?! So I went into BabyGap a few days ago looking for some new clothes for Boston. He has almost outgrown most of his 3-6 month clothes and is in need of more 6-12 month clothes. I have been wanting to buy something from Bono's "RED" line for a long time. I don't know if all of you know what this is, but Gap has teamed up with Bono and has a line of clothing that when you buy it 50% of the proceeds go to helping get medicine to those who have aids in Africa. Good idea huh? Well I went over to the table where they had all these clothes and noticed they were all on sale! I was THRILLED and HAD to buy something! So I bought him a little outfit and was proud of my donation to society! =) Is it bad that it was on sale so I only gave $6.50 opposed to $12.50 to Africa's aid victims? And that one of the only other reasons I bought it was because it's still pretty warm in Texas and I needed to buy Boston something short sleeved and that was the ONLY thing that had short sleeves? Guess my donation is in vain....

3 comments:

Justin and Stacey said...

Oh man Karlee, you are too funny! In vain or not, at least you donated! And it's not your fault it was on sale. :)

Katie said...

Good for you! Much more than I have done...oh well! :)
He is such a stud in RED!

The Nielsons said...

From the title of this post, it sounds like you're FOR aids in Africa. Good thing I know better!