Wednesday, October 03, 2007

OUR MOVE!

Part of the reason why I have not posted lately is due to the fact that we have been up in Idaho! Since we had such a crazy summer, this was the first time we were able to go up and collect all of our furniture and bring it back to Dallas! It was also a good excuse to go up and visit with Brandon and Amanda! It's sad not to have them just up the road from us any more to hang out with but it felt like we had never left when we were there! I got to eat at all my favorite Rexburg restuarunts (Winger's, Bajio's and Mill Hollow--even though the food there didn't taste so great that day!). Kent was busy most of the time recruiting guys for this upcoming summer while I just hung out with Amanda all day! It was a very chill, relaxing little vacation! Thanks Jamison's for letting us crash at your house AND letting us store our stuff in your garage all summer----SEE YA'LL IN VEGAS!


Like I said, the main reason we were there was to collect our stuff. Kent decided to go the Uhaul route and drive our stuff down himself instead of hiring a moving company....which after all the trouble and gas $money$ it cost us, I think he would have preferred to just have movers take care of it, oh well! Live and learn! Kent got in Monday (Boss and I flew back on Sunday) and since then we've slowly been unloading and unpacking all our stuff! It feels SOOO nice to have all our stuff back and finally make our apartment feel at home again! I've HATED living with rental stuff the past umm...6 months! So it will be REALLY nice when we find a place for everything. I think this apartment is a little TOO small for all the stuff we've collected over the past 3 years. I told Kent I think we've out grown an apartment but soon enough we'll be in a house which will be SOOO NICE!

This is the only part of the apt that looks SEMI put together...I made Kent hang the shelves today so I could get some stuff out of the way!
This is what our dining area looks like----SEE HOW MUCH STUFF WE HAVE THAT DOESN'T FIT!---KIDDING most of that stuff is the rental furniture that the rental company says they don't have TIME to pick up til next week....FUNNY because we had it SCHEDULED to be picked up this PAST Monday!

3 comments:

Cardon Family said...

I totally know how you feel when it comes to rental furniture...we have the same exact couches as the ones you guys had! haha I can't wait to get back to AZ to our stuff too. It will just feel a little more cozy ya know, instead of so cold and boring? I am sure you know exactly what I am talking about.

jamie said...

I still can't believe how moved in ya'll already are! It looks great!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Okay, so what I can't believe is how big your u-haul truck is!!! Did you use up all that space. Chad and I had the exact same size truck and filled about 3/4 of it. You guys have a lot of stuff. But I must say, I definetly like your decor much better than court's. Now that I've seen you, Mom's and Kari's homes, mine is by far the ugliest by a landslide!!!!