TAG IT UP!
I have been tagged a couple of different times with this so I finally decided tonight while I'm watching the BC vs. VT game I'd try to come up with 6 interesting things about myself...hopefully I'll be able to get that many:
1. I'm very stubborn and competitive. I guess I can put those both together. Back in elementary school when I used to run 5k's, my dad always told me that being stubborn was a good thing! I think that was to help me win...and it worked! Then when I got to be a stubborn teenager he would say that stubbornness isn't ALWAYS a good thing..only sometimes. I think that was to help break my other stubborn ways throughout high school! I get both my stubbornness and competitiveness from my dad...maybe that's why he justifies it for me sometimes! I can't STAND to loose...seriously it doesn't matter how small it is I just HATE it--I can't stress that enough! I USED to sometimes cheat to win but I am finally happy to admit NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY I have finally gotten past cheating in board/card games (that was my new year's resolution last year...sad I know). I try and try to explain the feeling of loosing to Kent and others but I really don't know if anyone understands! I know this CAN be a bad thing....but there is also a good side to it too like my dad always says!
2. I would venture to say I'm a bit of a clean freak! I must say I have gotten a little less uptight about it as I've gotten older. When I was younger I HATED people sitting on my bed because they would "wrinkle" the covers and it DROVE ME CRAZY!!!!!! I feel like everything has it's place and I can't STAND to have things loose and hanging around! I HATE having dishes and the house a mess when we go to bed---I guess this goes for during the day as well! I really have gotten better but the whole sitting on the bed thing still bothers me. Kent and I get in arguments sometimes because he always says it's HIS bed and he can lay on it if he wants! If he leaves the room for a second, I hurry and straighten up the pillows and bed then he comes back and I swear the purposely messes it up to bug me again! I'm a little crazy about it I know...
3. This is used to be very embarrassing to me but now it's no longer a secret--my hands and feet sweat profusely! It's VERY bad! When Kent and I first started dating, he was trying to hold my hand at the movies and my palms were sweating SOO bad I didn't want him to know so instead I just tickled his arm the WHOLE movie to avoid palm to palm contact! I finally told him about it after we were married! He never started recognizing my problem until we were married! I hid it pretty well...I was afraid he wouldn't marry me if he found out...HA! He teases me because when we play XBox, my palms sweat so bad that I leave little water droplets on the remote....IT'S BAD! And now I have passed this wonderful trait down to my son. His hands and feet sweat like CRAZY!!!! Poor Boss!
4. I'm a HUGE LSU football fan! I LOVE the fall just because it's college football season! I get SOO into it and sometimes feel like I should be coaching...!! If I could I would make it to EVERY game. Sadly that's not possible right now but maybe one day! Kent and I are pulling for Boston to get on the team...
5. I'm the exact OPPOSITE of a pack rat! I can't stand keeping things that I never use! I don't even want to mention the things that I have just tossed in the trash...I'd probably give my mom a heart attack! I don't think twice about it..if it's hanging around and I NEVER use it....it gets thrown in the trash! I just figure that hey if I don't use it, why keep it around taking up space making things cluttered! I will say that I have now started putting things on Craigslist instead of throwing them away and have made some pretty good cash! But if they don't sell within 45 days...they'll be in the trash can.
6. I got my ears pierced at 22 years old! It's not that I was scared or anything. But the rule in our house was the we could get them pierced at 12. I was playing soccer year round my whole life and so I never had time and it wasn't a priority. I didn't want to play in games having to put tape over my earrings for 6-8 weeks! I just thought that looked stupid. So years went by and it never happened! When I got pregnant, I told myself AFTER the baby came I wanted to feel refreshed with a new hair highlight, pedicure (never happened), shopping spree (hasn't happened yet because I'm not where I want to be weight wise), and also to get my ears pierced FINALLY! Well I did highlight my hair and I finally came around and pierced my ears! I went to the mall and I didn't think I'd be nervous but I will say I was a little bit. Thanks Kristin for helping me through it and holding my hand! HA! I FINALLY DID IT!
Ok so I'm SOOO glad I finally found 6 interesting things about myself! This probably just made me look bad but oh well! But this seriously took me like an hour+ to do this so y'all should appreciate it! So now that I've done it..I'm going to pass it on and let others struggle to complete this task. The people I choose to tag are....: Kristin, Jamie, Kiers, Ciara, Stacy, Kelly, Katie and Alicia!
3 comments:
SO did ya'll see more builders you liked or did it help you decide on the one you already "picked". HA!
We are still indecisive...
ok so i'm really bad at making my bed...ok i just don't do it. until recently i just get this fresh feeling getting into a clean bed (i always have, but it's overpowering now) and it just makes our room look so much better so i started making it every day for the past couple weeks. and now i understand your compulsiveness with making sure the covers are not wrinkled. i'm not to the point where i'm yelling at derik yet, but i can see this happening in the future. why can't they just pull the covers taught after they sit down? it's a mystery to me how men are so different from women. just freaking do it our way!!! ok wow, am i venting?
Post a Comment