Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Best of Conference

Most of you know that this weekend was General Conference. I was SOO excited because Friday night Kent was flipping through our cable channels and randomly came across the BYU channel! I was thrilled because that meant on Saturday and Sunday we could watch conference at home! I was worried about how Boston would handle not having all his naps and instead going up to church for the sessions. Luckily, somehow, we got conference ALL weekend on our FREE cable (another story for different day).

As I was listening, I thought about one of my most memorable conference experiences ever. When we lived in Idaho, we would always drive down and go to conference with my dad who flew in town. So pretty much most of our married life, we have had to opportunity to attend the sessions. The one that I remember the most was the last one we were able to attend last October. President Hinckley got up to close the last session, bore a strong testimony---kind of leaving all thinking whether or not he would make it to April's conference---then the tabernacle choir stood and sang, "We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet." The spirit was SOO strong as they sang. Everyone stood and sang. The love for the prophet really came out and I don't know if there was a dry eye in the audience. Everyone stood through the closing prayer and then Pres. Hinckley was the first to leave, waving his cane saying bye to everyone. The spirit was so strong and I'll never forget that moment. That is BY far my most memorable conference experience EVER! I'll never forget it!

October Conference 2007 Briefing:

Callings:
Elder Henry B. Eyring called to 2nd counsler of the 1st Presidency
Elder Quintin L. Cook called to the Quorem of the Twelve Apostles

Favorite Talks:
President Eyring
President Monson

2 comments:

Katie said...

It is amazing how strong the spirit is during conference, but how UNBELIEVABLE it is when you actually go to the Conference Center. I have been a few times and let me tell you..AWESOME! The 2 times I remember were actually quite memorable for all: I was there for the dedication of the Conference Center and it was such a great feeling and then I was there when Elder Bednar was set apart. I didn't know the significance of them (although ALL conference weekends are IMPORTANT) but will always treasure them. Thanks for posting about Conference!

Empress Bop Around the Clock said...

I think my favorite was when Elder Wirthlin spoke on the saturday afternoon session of this conference. We were there at the conference center and I seriously thought he was going to die right there while he was speaking. I felt so bad for him but I totally felt the spirit really strong during his talk! It was about being compassionate, loving, and serving others. If you didn't get to hear it read it when it comes out in the Ensign..it's worth it!