Wednesday, October 03, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Okay, so my birthday was like 2 weeks ago, but life has been crazy hectic lately so this is the first chance I've had to get on and blog about life the past little while!

On my birthday, Sept 20th, I had an unexpected surprise come knocking on my door. IT WAS MY MOM! I was VERY thrilled to see her there! I was really hoping someone would come to share this day with me! I mean, yes, Kent and Boston were there but it's always nice to have more family to celebrate with. My day was great! Kiers was so sweet and took me to lunch and treated me to a MUCH needed pedicure! Thanks again! It was FABULOUS! Then we had Kent's softball game that night which I always enjoy going to see him play! It's totally his thing, and I must brag for a minute on my hubbie and say that's his pretty dang good! HA! After his game I chose to eat at La Hacienda Ranch....DELICIOUS MEXICAN FOOD! After a late dinner, we celebrated more by opening presents and eating the homemade cake Kent made me! I think this is the 2nd cake he's made me and they are always creative and delicious! Kent gave me some new clothes for Boston and some much needed new running shoes---I don't know if my feet have grown post pregnacy or what but my old ones are WAY too small also the reason why I haven't lost all my pregnacy lbs since I haven't really been able to workout without good running shoes! Mom treated me to a nice day of shopping! I think everything I bought was pretty much for Boston! Carol was sooo sweet and sent me some cash--which again was spent on Boston! Kari just gave me her present which was a gift card to Pottery Barn---aka stuff for Boston's nursery! And Kelli gave me some cash which will probably also go towards BOSTON! HA! I guess things change when you have kids! I keep telling myself to spend it on something for ME but I just can't bring myself to do it! Oh well! All in all it was a WONDERFUL day! Thanks everyone for all the FABULOUS gifts! And thanks MOM for coming for the weekend---it was GREAT having you here!


Kent was VERY anxious to put the icing on the cak when it was still warm that's why all of it slid to the sides! By the way...like the message he wrote on the cake?!? That's Kent for you!

My cute new running shoes that are SOOO COMFY! Love 'em!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Can I just say that you CRACK ME UP!! It is funny how your "birthday" money tends to go towards your children..hmm, interesting! Anyway, I LOVED the cake..too funny! --Actually laugh out loud funny!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Okay, so how come I"m not mentioned in your birthday post? Oh, yeah, I still haven't sent it. Sooooooooo sorry! I'm the worst sis ever!!! But I promise when I get back I'll mail it off, okay? By the way....what's your address? =) =) =)

Karlee said...

Yeah I was wondering about that..HA! Kidding! I'll text you my address...don't want it on the internet for all to see!

Ortiz Family said...

happy late birthday. yes, i am going to be having a baby. i am super excited. i love your blog. your boston is so cute.

Cardon Family said...

Happy late bday! I love your shoes and tell kent he did awesome on the cake..that is hilarious.

Cardon Family said...

Isn't it weird that you just want to spend all your money on the boys all of the sudden? I swear...I am always looking for them...and always go to the baby section first before anything else in any store. funny...but i love it