Monday, September 01, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: GUSTAV!
This morning Gustav officially hit land in Louisiana! When I was little I used to LOVE when hurricanes came because that meant 1.)NO SCHOOL 2.) NO LIGHTS and 3.) WE GOT TO PLAY IN THE FLOOD WATER! Then there were the times that hurrincanes were supposed to hit and so they called off school and then the next day it was perfectly bright and sunny which meant a nice vacation day and bad predictions from the weatherman! Well there was no bad predicting done on this hurricane. Gustav is having a party on LA right now! I have been watching the news all day to keep a close watch on the fam. I got a text saying the power went out. Then I got another text saying the fence went down. Now I just got a call from Kelli saying a TREE fell into my parents gameroom upstairs! The worse part of the storm hasn't even passed through yet so we are keeping our fingers crossed and praying that nothing else serious occurs to all our family there! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! WE LOVE YOU!
This is a terrible picture of some of the damage. Kelli couldn't get a better one. It looks like the fan is dangling from the ceiling and I know the far right window that you can't see is busted. OH and you can't miss the huge hole in the ceiling! I'm sure dad's upset about this one...hey on the positive side, maybe you could do some fun remodeling now...?

3 comments:

Kelly Munns said...

i have been wondering about your family as they're the closest people i may "know" over there. i hope that dang hole in the roof doesnt mean lots of water in the house later! i'll be thinking about you and them...hope it stops!

Cassie said...

yikes!!! I bet your dad is ticked!! Hopefully that will be the worst part and it will only get better now! I bet you were really nervous being away! I have been glued to the TV too watching all the updates. We really wish you guys could come and visit us, it wasn't the same without you and Kent and Boston while we were hanging out with the Jones's! We really do miss you guys!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

We have been keeping a close watch too! That's too bad about your parents home! Daniel was sad about the game room.