Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Two things that I need to vent about....

1.) So I'm taking a walk yesterday with Boston and Stella and the WHOLE time all I smell is this STANK smell that I keep breathing in. I already know what it is....THE LANDFILL! Yes, we leave RIGHT NEXT to a landfill. The funny thing is that this is a NICE area and it's crazy to think that high priced homes sit in the landfills backyard (I'm sure that's not good for resale)! There are days where you NEVER smell it but for some reason usually at NIGHT and when the weather is cooler the air REEKS of garbage! I HATE IT! I never knew they put landfills in nice developed areas. There is SO much right near this thing it's CRAZY! I would be okay with this landfill thing if it didn't bring about so much stankiness! It just makes the air feel SOO dirty!

2.) I run out of deodorant so I head to the store to buy more. I run into Target, they have the brand and all new scents but no Secret PLATINUM POWER FRESH in SOLID! I think, okay that's fine usually Target doesn't always have everything brand wise. So I head to Wal-Mart where I KNOW they have it. Run in, look, look, and look. NOPE! NO SECRET PLATINUM POWDER FRESH in SOLID! They have brought in all kinds of NEW scents and taken away the old ones and made them ALL GELS! I HATE GEL deodorant! I always just feel so slimy that I just can't wear it. I HATE getting new scents because I'm weird about scents and I don't want to spend the money on something I'm not going to like. PLUS you always put on a new scent and I feel like I'm constantly smelling it and that everyone else around me can smell it too! They've totally vetoed my deodorant at secret and I'm TOTALLY upset about! I want it BACK! I'm not one to switch deodorants because I've tried that and can never find another one that works. I had to settle for some new coconut scent which I must say isn't TOO bad BUT I do sit and smell it ALL day long because I'm not used to having that scent under my armpit! Why must they take away a good thing?

6 comments:

Cherie' said...

Karlee you crack me up!But I feel your pain, I am also a very big fan of that particular scent of secret deoderant. I am not sure what I would do with out it. And gel is slimy, don't know why they think we want to wear it! Sorry about the landfill. Who wants to smell that everytime they walk out their door.

The Nielsons said...

Karlee, did you try the more liquid-y kind of secret platinum powder fresh? it's still considered solid to me, but just not as solid. But it's DEFINITELY not a gel. Anyway, give that a try!

Amanda and Brandon Jamison said...

Can I just say something?........I Love you!!

jamie said...

I like the coconut scent! I agree with random ones though...I ran out while I was on bed rest and Brett totally bought a different smell because he couldn't find my coconut one...but LUCKILY he bought a solid and not the gel because I agree the gel makes me feel all wet and slimey...

michelle said...

you should try secret spring breeze. it's an invisible solid. yellow flower on the label. it's good stuff. and yeah gels suck. i've yet to purchase one. the thought makes me nauseous.

The Awesome Rawsons said...

this has happened to me before too. the deodorant thing, not the landfill thing which is totally aweful, by the way! But anyway... I feel your pain.