Monday, November 12, 2007

GARTH! GARTH! GARTH!




Mom flew in for it too! We all went-Kristin, Chad, Mom and me-Kent hung out with the kids at home for us--he's not much of a concert goer..

Yes, that is correct! I'm talking about GARTH BROOKS! And YES I did just get to see him in concert this past week...not just ONCE...but TWO TIMES!!!!!! I was THRILLED and it was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS BOTH TIMES! Amanda had gotten tickets from Brandon for her birthday to the concert. I had previously purchased my own tickets to the show. Well, Brandon ended up not being able to fly down to Kansas City with her so since I was going to be in town as well, she invited me! Thank you again and again Amanda! So I was able to go Tuesday night AND Friday night! IT WAS AMAZING! I have always said that seeing Garth Brooks in concert was on my "List of Things to Do Before I Die" list! The 8 hour drive to Kansas was TOTALLY worth it, the price we paid for tickets was worth it (it wasn't outrageously priced) and the performance was BEYOND worth it! I was on my feet the WHOLE time..BOTH TIMES...screaming every word to all of his songs! Trisha Yearwood opened for him and she was AMAZING as well! They sound JUST like they do on the radio! Garth has SOOO much energy I swear he could be A.D.D. He gets his energy from the crowd and just goes CRAZY! I'm sorry for those of you who weren't able to attend any of those 9 concerts that he was only performing in Kansas City (why I really don't know..)...because it was probably the BEST concert I have EVER been to and WILL ever go to...unless I get to see him again someday (which I am hoping because I do want to hear him sing my fav "Standing Outside the Fire" which he didn't sing either nights!). LOVED IT!....LOVED IT!!!!!


These pics were from the second night...forgot my camera when Amanda and I went! OPPS!

2 comments:

Justin and Stacey said...

So much fun! I am glad you got to go twice! That is awesome. I love concerts. I've never been to Garth Brooks but it sounds like he is a riot!

Kelly Munns said...

ok i'm jealous! i used to think that trisha was a home-wrecker until i saw them both on oprah. garth said that he asked his ex-wife for her blessing in marrying trisha and she gave it to him and they are still friends. i thought that was admirable...anyway, i don't hate trisha as much as i used to...i actually like her so i'm glad you got to see them. how exciting, twice in one week! who does that besides crazy fans!?