It took me forever to even decide to post this but I guess I will for memories sake. I was SO excited to dress Boston up in his costume for Halloween. We had a little Halloween party at Kiers and Taylor's (although a FEW decided NOT to dress up...you know who you are...). I HATE getting costumes for Kent and I because I'm SO not creative and can NEVER figure out what to be. I always end up disappointed. We searched of cheap decent costumes and of course failed so we finally went to our last minute resort ideas. Kent of course went back to what he is EVERY year, Joe Dirt or some form of white trash, and I took an idea from a friend (Jenny) to be a black-eyed pea--so creative I know! Kent's costume turned out fine but mine and Boston's...umm I was a little upset about but whatever. I ended up just looking gross. Boston was cute at FIRST but when I applied his nose/whiskers I don't think he liked it too much. He SCREAMED and SCREAMED so they came out only okay but I decided to leave it instead of trying to torture him more by taking it off and reapplying. By the time we made it to Kiers and Taylor's he had somehow managed to smear all of his whiskers OFF! I was SO upset because I hadn't taken pictures yet! Oh well...so much for his cute 1st Halloween costume....
His smeared makeup---I couldn't get a smile out of him the whole time he was in his costume! Maybe he doesn't like dressing up...???
Besides my greatly disappointed costume dilemma, the night was fun with GREAT themed food thanks to Kiers and myself! I was very proud at how creative I was---well thanks to the help of the food network! I thought it turned out well. That was my one proud moment of Halloween I guess this year. Next year (like I say every year after Halloween) I'm going to plan Kent and mine's costumes EARLY on and maybe Boston will be better about letting me paint on his face next year...
This is the food if you can't tell there are EYEBALL cupcakes, CARMEL apples, GHOST pudding dessert, Kiersten's SPIDERWEB 7 layer dip, and cheese and crackers!
One thing Boston DID like was the PJ's MiMi sent him (thanks mom!)! He was probably SO happy to be out of that HOT lion costume! Hey, atleast we ended with a smile!







5 comments:
Oh man...that face in the lion costume...So FUNNY! He was not going to be happy if it killed him. I don't think you look gross...I thought your costume was super cute! Very creative. Way to go on the food too! It looks like you had a good time despite your troubles...:)
hilarious! hahaha! i agree with stacey...you don't look gross. it'd take a nasty costume like joe dirt to make you even come close to looking gross, and probably not even then! so kent on the other hand.... ;)
Im lovin the black eyed pea! You pull it off much better than brian did!
I LOVE HIS SMILE! Sooo cute..can't wait to see him this week!
He is such a great mix of his 2 beautiful parents. Love yalls costumes. You look cute Karlee no matter what you wear.
Post a Comment