Kent was unpacking a few more things today and came across a bunch of old pictures! He found these two pictures from a few years back...
This was New Year's Eve 2003! It was during this Christmas break from school that Kent and I first hit it off. Kent invited Kari and I to New Year's Eve with the singles ward and then to go 4-wheeling after. Of course I would NEVER turn down a good 4-wheeling trip and also a fun night with Kent! It was my BEST New Year's Eve EVER! We got SOO muddy but it was definately worth it...that's all part of the fun! I rode with Kent on his 4-wheeler OF COURSE and we definately had a fun time. I remember trying to impress him by showing him that I knew had to drive one and I ended up flinging Jenny and myself off while pulling a donut! Oh well, all part of the fun right?! This is also the night Kent promised Kari he would come up for her college graduation to support a good friend and I was VERY excited to be able to see him that coming April. Little did I know that I would be seeing him MUCH sooner than that and that I would also be engaged to him just days after Kari graduated! This great night ended with a sweet, strong hug (I knew there was chemistry just from that goodbye hug! HA!) with a hope that he would keep in touch with me while I was up at BYU-I...and that he did!


3 comments:
ok, wow. is he wearing flannel? say flannel a couple times and it just doesn't sound right anymore...random, i know. anyway, you guys look so cute! what a cute story!
Oh man...you knew you were meant for each other!!! Kent just couldn't leave you alone! I second Kelly...that is a cute story. I love to hear how people got together!
haha no it's my baby bjorn. we just took isaac out of it to give him to my grandpa and i was reaching for my grandpa's cards so i could sort them for him while he held his great-grandson. he also had a nephew come in for dinner that night so he probably cried a couple times...his heart was warm, what can i say?
Post a Comment