Saturday, November 03, 2007

DAD'S THE BIG 5-0!

Ok so I know it's taking me forever to write about this weekend but hey little by little as I collect the pictures this blog will be complete...soon people SOON!!


Daddy turned 50 August 28th! He was going to be up in Utah to help get Kelli settled in for school and also for the BYU game (those who don't know my dad is a HUGE BYU fan...like HUGE!) that weekend. So instead of going home to Louisiana, mom decided to suprise dad and fly all the kids out to Utah! I hope he was surpised but knowing him he probably had a hint that we were all coming. Regardless it was ALOT of fun. Dad wanted to show BYU how the south does football so we all tailgated before---but of course our tailgating was very minimal compared to the south. We got none other than FRIED chicken and LONG NECK ROOT BEERS for the occasion! I unfortunately didn't get to see much of the game because it was so freaking hot, I took Boston underneath the bleachers to keep him cool along with all the other mom's in the stadium! Kari sat and kept me company as we waited for the game to be over! BYU DID pull off the win! GOOO COUGARS! I think they did this in honor of my dad's birthday...besides he practically KNOWS EACH PLAYER!! HA!


This is the day before the game-we all surprised him and ate out at RED ROBIN..YUM!!! Some of the family didn't make this picture....


Our small little tailgating party..HA! All for you daddy! The best part was when Arizona fans walked by Dad wanted us to yell "COUGAR BAIT COUGAR BAIT!" Kent REALLY got into this...so did Rylee! Good times!

Boss in his BYU gear Aunt Aundrea helped us make! WOW he looks SO small compared to now..and that was only 2 months ago!

Uh Kristin...your daughter is walking in the street with oncoming traffic...gotta love Soph Soph!

Boss with Aunt Kari

Supporting the COUGARS!
Kari and Brandon NOT supporting the cougars...


Afterwards, we headed to my Aunt Aundrea's where we killed daddy with another surprise! ALL HIS SIBLINGS AND HIS PARENTS WERE IN TOWN TOO...Bronco Mendenhall was in the works but he was a little busy doing press after the game..sorry dad! I don't want to post more about this until I get pictures but needless to say it was a GREAT day and it was FABULOUS to hang with the fam for the weekend! CONGRATS DADDY FOR HITTING THE BIG 5-0! WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: