Kent hit the big 3-1 mark. He is now "in his thirties" and he just hates that. Our life seems to have been a little hectic lately. August is a busy month for our family for various reasons but I had about reached my limit and demanded some sort of getaway. Since Kent is busiest in the summertime with his company, that means we don't get to do the "normal" summer vacations like everyone else. I needed a break. So, we planned a last minute trip for Kent's birthday. This meant, we had to celebrate with cake the night before his birthday. After a late night at football practice, we sang and blew out candles right before bedtime.
The next morning, we trapped his room with a balloon avalanche (thanks pinterest). I kept asking and asking Kent for ideas for his birthday. He's a very practical person and just kept saying he wanted socks, a belt...you know, boring stuff. He finally told me all he really wanted was some money to donate to his "four wheeler fund" that he's been saving for. Wish granted.
BEST part of his birthday was the surprise I had waiting for him on his way to San Antonio...
I'm happy to announce we got EIGHT Happy Birthday honks!! I was more excited about it than he was!
Usually, when we go to San Antonio, we have always stayed at the Hyatt Wild Oak Resort. But with such short planning, everything was booked. Luckily, Chad (my bil) was able to get a sweet hook up for us at the JW Marriott Resort. I LOVE this place!!! It is gorgeous and we WILL be going back!!
There were so many fun slides for the boys, a HUGE lazy river, a kiddie pool and a main pool. The boys took in the kiddie pool when we first arrived. Even I was impressed with the slides!
Boston also wanted to venture off on to the big kid slides. He loved every minute of it. Hudson can't WAIT to be tall enough to ride in the tubes!
Once we had gotten enough water time in, we got cleaned up for some DELICIOUS dinner on the resort.
I was SERIOUSLY impressed with the mac n cheese and I'm not even a mac n cheese person! Hudson was having a rough time on and off. He had just gotten over a fever from the weekend and was probably still getting over whatever bug he had. Thankfully, he still definitely enjoyed moments during the trip.
While we waited for s'mores making time, we took a little walk around the resort. It is GORGEOUS!
The picture CRACKS me up. He just happened to close his eyes for the picture but he totally looks like he is in meditation mode.
Boston was very impressed with this massive ipad type coffee table where you could play all kinds of games.
And who doesn't love a little bean bag toss?
Sadly, it started to rain a little bit so they cancelled s'mores making over the fire pit. Luckily for the boys, the kids club made some microwave style.
Then we went back to our room for baths and bedtime.
We laid Hudson down and sat out on the balcony watching the pool change all kinds of colors. The weather was seriously PERFECT while we were there. It did NOT feel like Texas heat in August at ALL!!!!
The next morning we slept in a bit, got dressed in our swimsuits and headed down for some yummy breakfast.
We decided to eat outside #1 because Hudson is LOUD....nott necessarily throwing fits, he just jibber jabbers LOUDLY (and yes you never know when he'll release a LOUD scream) and #2 because the view is amazing and the weather was so enjoyable!
Then back to the pool we went...
Boston absolutely LOVED all the slides and kept saying "THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!" over and OVER. Seeing your child so happy just makes my heart smile.
Kent and I took turns going down the slides with Boston while the other took care of Hudson (he surprisingly let me cruise around the lazy river a few times with him).
Then, sadly, it was time to check out. But don't worry, you can't leave San Antonio without stopping by the Pottery Barn outlet. So we made a stop in San Marcos for a late lunch at Johnny Rockets following by a little outlet shopping.
Even though it was a quick trip, it was nice to just get away for those two days. I love that San Antonio is only 2 1/2 hours from us and we can do something like this. Kent had a GREAT birthday and I probably enjoyed the break even more than he did!! Perfect way to end the summer and begin what seems like a lifetime of school....







4 comments:
Karlee, that resort looks AMAZING!!!!! I want to go. Now. What a fun birthday getaway.
That resort looks awesome! What a fun place for the kids. Always nice to take a little break :)
Ok, that photo of all 3 boys (the one right after the fire pit) needs to be framed!!! Adorable!
OH.MY.GOSH.
What a fun place!!! I totally want to go there now!!! Maybe we should make a bucket list of "visit all the JW's in America", and then venture out around the world as well, haha!!
SOOO glad you guys were able to get away! It's always so nice to have a break (big or little), to spend time with your family and remember what matters most.
You have some AWESOME pictures of the trip. I keep going back and looking at them over and over again. That picture of Hudson and you at the restaurant CRACKS.ME.UP. That kid can make me smile no matter what. And Boston is just getting too big. I love his sweet smile and the picture of his handsome face going down the slides!!!!
Love you guys!
Post a Comment