The LAST and FINAL wedding for my family happened the first of July. Kelli and her fiance (now hubby) were set to get hitched on July 7th. I love weddings. Family gets together and we enjoy decorating, laughing, making memories and celebrating a sister's happiness. Right after the 4th, we kicked it in high gear and started to prep for the big day. Our first day decorating led to #1 my car over heating (seriously, SO annoying) and #2 Rylee's toe getting squashed by a microphone stand and bleeding forever and left her with a terrible bruise. Can't you see the red eyes from her pain?! Poor, but tough girl.
Kari, Kristin and I worked on these centerpieces. I didn't come up with the idea, I just helped create but they were gorgeous! From Thursday thru Friday night we decorated our rears off. My Aunt Pam is the master mind behind all of this and she is amazing. She has her own event planning business with her daughters in Cali. Lucky for us, we are family and she has done it for us for free for all our weddings.
Friday night we had the rehearsal dinner. Most of the family who flew in were able to make it. Some were still flying in and didn't get to come but we had fun with who got to come. We ate at Mansur's on the Boulevard (they have the MOST DELICIOUS CRAB CAKES YOU WILL EVER, EVER EAT!!!! To.Die.For.).
The lovely couple
After the dinner, it was back to the church we went to finish some final touches with the reception. Pam put these guys to work hanging chandeliers and such.
Beautiful bride to be even lifted a finger or two.
Saturday, July 7th was D-Day. It was a very small wedding with just family at my parent's home. The boys sat patiently through the whole thing. I was proud of them.
Sweet little flower girls.
Tanor and his best man, Nate.
Daddy bringing my lil sis in. Doesn't she look gorgeous? The ceremony went very well and President Riggs had lots of good advice and things to say to the new couple.
No, thankfully, Kent did not sleep through the ceremony. This is after. This boy can fall asleep at the drop of a dime no matter WHAT is going on. Pretty sure his work load these days is doing it to him.
After we took some beautiful pictures on a friend's property with oak trees and plenty of southern charm (can't wait to see those pictures), it was finally time to cool off at the reception! Isn't Kent handsome?
Boston is very grateful for cousins who bring their Nintendo DS with them. I have now vowed that we will never own one. Sorry buddy.
We took some family pictures before the reception started. My oldest sister, Kristin and her beautiful family.
My next sister, Kari and her sweet boys.
US
Kelli and Tanor with ALL the nieces and nephews (cute bunch).
LOVED these little boys and their bow ties.
Our whole Bluth family...and still growing (no this is not ANY pregnancy announcement)!
The newlyweds with my mom's mom and her husband Jim.
My dad's parents with the newlyweds.
This is the wonderful wedding planner, herself, Auntie Pam with Kristin. She's so much fun and I totally wish our families all lived closer!!!!
My dad's parents...aren't they so cute!!
Kelli got her hair touched up by Nicole. She did all our hair for the wedding. She's also the reason I still drive all the way back to Louisiana to get my hair highlighted. I don't trust anyone else just yet with my hair.
The food was delicious. One of my favorite parts of a wedding is the food and let me tell you, these caterers NEVER disappoint! (this is just the centerpiece...sorry no pic of all the deliciousness)
Tanor is a lover of fishing...specifically in Alaska. And SADLY he's a UTE (puke) fan but we'll let that slide...hence the inspiration for his groom's cake.
Before the reception started, Hudson was completely obsessed with the drink dispensers...and the fact that it was JUICE. This kid is persistant AND determined.
Homemade pralines made by my momma for the party favors. I'm not a praline fan but from what everyone else said, they were delicious!
The kids LOVED getting busy on the dance floor. It was seriously precious.
The first dance. Aren't they cute?
The kids LOVED getting down on the dance floor. In fact, Hudson was SO mad that I had to move him off for their first dance, he kicked and screamed until he was allowed back on again. Charlie on the other hand, calmly took a relaxing place on the sidelines and watched.
Tanor and his mom dancing to their song.
Even the Lan man got out to dance!
Money dance time!!
Then they had a dance to see who had been married the longest. My Grandpa Bob and Grandma Jean won! They have been married for so long. Makes me excited for Kent and I to grow old together.
Who doesn't love a little cake in the face??!
Bouquet toss to all the single ladies
And garter toss....
Then the happy couple left to beautiful lanterns being floated in the air (picture Tangled). Now lighting those lanterns is more complicated then you would think...but you live and learn (especially after nearly lighting a tree on fire). The day was beautiful and I'm happy for my little sis and Tanor and her start their life together! Love you my little Kell-bell!
6 comments:
Kelli looks gorgeous!!! Seriously all so beautiful and well done. Love your whole fam, wish I would have been there!
What a GREAT post! Love all the pictures and the narrative detail. You should write books! ;)
It's so weird to think that Kelli is married. She's been the baby for so long and now it's her turn to blossom. (Ok, i'm being a little too cheesy). Glad we were all able to be together, because who knows when the next time will be (tear).
You look gorgeous as do all of your sisters! I was just thinking karlees hair looks awesome and then I read someone did it for you, she did a great job!!!!
Fun! Those decorations were awesome! You all looked gorgeous! Your dad has all his girls married! That must be a crazy feeling ;) Boston is such a little man...cute boys!
loved these pictures & details. such a beautiful family! and i'm glad to see nicole (fully clothed) made the blog! ha!
Thanks so much for posting! I told Whitni the other day how I was looking forward to seeing her pictures after viewing these. All the work, effort was so worth it! The wedding was absolutely beautiful! So many things I didn't get to enjoy that evening. And your pictures brought it all back. So happy you are posting all of it. Poor little Rylee and her toe! It was definitely a busy day. It makes for some wonderful memories! And kudos to ya'll, Theresa, and Pam! And to the son-in-laws for all their help and patience! They are the best! Love you ALL!
Post a Comment