Am I really old enough to have a child in kindergarten?? Apparently so because Boston has started! I have been freaked out about this day for the past year. It has literally caused many, MANY tears for various reasons (I'm talking over the last YEAR people...don't get me started on the first day). Boston has had ZERO worries and has not been able to stop talking about it. He is more than ready to be going. I'm the one with the issues! So, to my dismay, school came August 27th and now there is no looking back.
Thank you Hudson for cooperating for picture taking...
His SWEET, SWEET teacher Mrs. Ramirez. It was seriously an answer to many prayers that Boston got her as a teacher. She is amazing and absolutely LOVES what she does. She told me this is her "calling" and even told me on the first day that God's power was in the classroom that day. Yes, this is TEXAS and people might still talk about God in the classroom and I'm okay with that.Boston found his seat and started coloring away. Apparently, his little friend next to him has been moved already and Boston now sits next to a good friend he made, named Isaac. Boston has no problems making new friends and that has helped some of my worries. He also has a little girl from church, Honor, he is in his class and sits at his same table too! That was a relief to me too!
I held it together quite nicely at school. Kent told me I HAD to hold it together because the night previous, when Kent gave him a father's blessing, I was a wreck. So, I held of the waterfalls until I got out of the school.
He had a GREAT day and loved it all. He said the days are SO LONG and asked how much longer he had to go to school. I explained to him that he's got 13 years, then he'll leave on his mission and then finish college which is four years..that is UNLESS you go on and become and doctor or lawyer. Then it would be even LONGER! His response? "I definitely don't want to be a doctor or a lawyer. I just want to be a BUG MAN!" The boy just started kindergarten and is already ready for a break! Cracks me up!
We made it through the first week and are now onto week 2. Boston comes home with TONS of energy. We are still working on figuring out how to control all that energy but overall it has been a good experience, for Boston AND me. His school has been great thus far. Now, let's just pray his little mind doesn't get filled up too quickly with info he doesn't need to know just yet (that's my biggest worry)!
Here's to our first year being parents of our first kid in school!
By the way, the whole dynamic of our lives have now changed. I don't know how I feel about it quite yet.
SIDENOTE:
Also on AUGUST 27, Kent and I celebrated 8, yes EIGHT years of marriage. I feel like I couldn't quite "be all there" because of first day of school distractions. I told Kent I want a raincheck. We got a babysitter, did the whole dinner deal, etc but my poor planning (we take turns) for our anniversary was bad and I really need to make it up to him.
HAPPY EIGHT YEARS!! Love him more and more each year. I never realized that was ACTUALLY possible when I heard people say it but it's true...
2 comments:
Well, first off...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I can't believe 8 years ago y'all were gettin' hitched! Time goes by way too fast!!!
I'm so glad that Boston is enjoying school. It's always an emotional time for the mom's (and sometimes the child as well). I knew Boston wouldn't have any problems making friends. He is SO likeable and so outgoing that he is going to have ALOT of friends!
That comment about him being a bug man!!! HILARIOUS!!!! Maybe he can just take over the company when Kent's ready to retire, then he won't HAVE to go to school that long. =)
He is so seriously adorable. I love him!
Post a Comment