Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Circus

Ringling Bros & Barnum and Bailey were in town and I was determined to get tickets this time.  Now that we get DISNEY JUNIOR CHANNEL (LOVE IT), Boston watches a show called Jo Jo's Circus that he LOVES.  He was totally prepped and even more ready for his first circus since watching that show.  All he could talk about before we got there was how he was going to eat cotton candy and popcorn and lots of JUNK FOOD.  Is that what they show the circus is on Jo Jo's Circus???  Apparently, that was one thing he was REALLY looking forward to...not that he's never had any of that before and its funny because he's never loved it either...Kent was excited because even though he's 30, he's never been to the circus either!  Hey, you are never too old for the circus.
 So because of that, of course he expected cotton candy.  When I got some, the guy told me $12!!!!  Why in the world is cotton candy $12????  That is INSANE!!!  And because of my five year old, I got suckered into it.  Maybe it was so much because of that cheap hat it came with??  Whatever.  And, he also gave into buying a cool light up sword...again over priced.
 The show started and the boys were in awe
 Don't worry, only Boston stayed like this the whole show.  Hudson did okay for awhile then wanted to move around.
 This man on stilts totally blew Boston's mind.
 These guys were impressive and seriously made me nervous
 Hudson is into giving big hugs these days.  This is one of my favorite pics of my boys.
 At intermission we decided we needed something to keep Hudson still...so we got some popcorn.  It worked.
 The rest of the time, Hudson sat on my lap as still as can be once the tigers came out.  These guys made me SUPER nervous.  I was just waiting for the trainer to get eaten alive.  Those cats were so afraid of the trainer though.  When he called them down off their stool, they crouched down with their tail between their legs.  Made me sad to know those tigers are living a miserable life.
 We loved the circus and I'm so happy it didn't disappoint my boys (my five year old OR my 30 year old).  Coincidently enough, Nielsons went to the circus the same time and we met up with them after for some dinner at Lupe Tortillas.  Sadly, it was our last time to see them in Houston since they are moving back to Dallas now.  We are sad they are leaving us but excited for their next adventure and thankfully Dallas isn't TOO far away and we can still visit from time to time.  Isabel was quite sneaky during this picture and as we were posing, she snuck Boston a kiss on his cheek TOTALLY unprompted.  Kiers, you better watch that girl!!
 They are such a good friends and we are going to miss them.


1 comment:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

AWww, look how fun you guys are! And I can't believe that Kent has NEVER been to the circus before! Wow! When we went a few years ago, I don't think Chad had ever been either. ;/

I'm glad Hudson did okay during the event. It's hard for that busy body to sit still for too long. I wonder if he'll always be like that???? Could you imagine him being 5 and still moving and groovin' like he is now? That kid cracks me up.