Do I really have a 5 year old? I can't get over it. He is leaving me in 2 weeks to head off to kindergarten. Kindergarten?? Really?? There will be lots of tears on that day (from the crazy momma that is). Boston turned five back in May but again, just got him in for his 5 year check up.
Weight: 46 lbs (78%)
Height: 43 3/4 in (60%)
He grew 3 inches and gained 6 pounds this last year.
I love this boy. He is a great big brother and he really is just a good boy all around. He has an insane obsession with Mario Bros. Like so bad. He likes us to all be characters and reenact something from the video game. It gets very tiring but that boy has a one track mind & you usually can't get him to want to play anything else. He is allowed to play the Wii for 30 minutes a day (that is unless he got in trouble and got it taken away that day) but we have to practice his reading before he plays. He lives for this time during the day when I say he can play. Oh goodness.
We also signed Boston up for flag football this fall. He has been looking forward to this for awhile now (and so has his momma). The league we put him in is quite competitive, I'm learning. Until school starts, they have practice 4 days a week for 2 hours. They also have practice uniforms and we've ordered team t-shirts for the family for game days too. Once schools starts we go down to 2 practices a week with a game each week. The 2nd practice Boston was completely WORN out. I felt so bad. He had a long day at his summer camp and THEN had a 2 hour football practice. On the last run the coach made them run, he just started in tears saying he was SO TIRED. I was afraid he wouldn't want to go back to football. Luckily, not so. He is STILL excited for each practice and is more excited to meet new friends. We'll see how this season plays out!
We also had a great weekend as a family. I feel like time has flown by this summer and we haven't gotten to enjoy time together that much. Kent came home Saturday morning with a random peach tree he picked up on sale at Lowe's. He thought it would be fun to see if we could get some peaches. The lady told him it wasn't too late to plant it but we will see if we get fruit. The kids were thrilled and want to go out every day to see if we have peaches. After Hudson's nap, we went up to The Woodlands and enjoyed walking along the waterway, some yummy Grimaldi's pizza, playing at the mall and running around in the fountains. I love it up there.
Totally unprompted photo.




3 comments:
Love this last picture! They will be the best of friends forever!
Great post! I can't believe Boston is 5 years old either. Where has time gone? He is going to love Kindgergarten and you will soon love the craziness of being a "real mom" now. ;) Guess it's time to have another baby, huh? haha.
And you never told me you got a peach tree!!!! How's it coming along? Any peaches yet? I hope there's some by the time we come down to visit. We love us some fresh peaches!!!
Miss you guys! Can't wait to hear how Boston (i mean YOU) did on the 1st day of school!
I cannot get over the two hours a day practices!!! He will be a pro in no time!
Post a Comment