Tuesday, June 10, 2008

THE RESULTS ARE IN!



I know Boston turned a year umm....almost 2 1/2 weeks ago but we just got to the doctor today. This was for various reasons #1 we were very busy with family in town and #2 I'm a terrible mother and somehow even though I DID put sunscreen on my son, he got sun burnt at the swimming pool and I didn't want my doctor to give me the sunscreen lecture so I was waiting for that to go away first!


We finally went today and here are the results of his measurements:

WEIGHT: 25 lbs 75%

HEIGHT: 29 in 30%--although the doctor told me she thinks the nurse measured him wrong because she said he looks more like in the 50% which is what he has usually been

HEAD: 18 cm 50%


He also had to get 3 more shots today. I think today was the WORST time getting shots for him. At first, he was trying to be brave but then he just let it out! After the shots were finished he had stopped crying but then looked at the nurse and just started screaming! Oh he did NOT like her after that! He was whimpering until we got out to the car! I felt TERRIBLE!!!! Poor little man! It hurts but it's worth it!


Since Boston has hit his year mark, I wanted to write down a few fun things that he's doing, mainly for my own memory:


Boston LOVES food but he REALLY loves GRAPES!

When it's time to get ready for bed, he takes his PJ's and runs from me wanting me to chase him!

He LOVES LADYBUGS! He has some toys that are a bunch of little insects and he always wants to carry around the ladybug one the most. Then for his bday he got this little set of musical instruments and one of the instruments is in the shape of a ladybug. He doesn't know how to play the instrument very well but he'll just drag it around with him because of the ladybug!

Boston LOVES to push buttons. He is very curious and will push a button and wait for the reaction of the button he just hit. Smart kid!

Boston has a one track mind....enough said.

His favorite toy is the "POPCORN POPPER" ride on toy his Grandma gave him for his birthday! He climbs on the seat and sits there waiting for us to come push him. He LOVES it.

I don't know how many words Boston is supposed to be saying right now, but I've said before he would rather make animal noises than say words. He now knows what a cow, fish, sheep, and duck say. He's almost got a dog down now too!

Boston is officially off the bottle and totally on a sippy cup! HURRAY! BUT he REFUSES to hold the sippy cup himself! No matter what, he'll just sit there with his mouth open and arms out to the side waiting for us to put it in his mouth. One word-LAZY!

He's been walking since 10 months and he's getting better and better at it everyday! When we play chase (which he LOVES) he moves as fast as his little stubby legs can but he's not quite running yet.

I'm sure there are some other things he's doing that I can't think of right now but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head! I'm sure proud of this little guy!

5 comments:

Katie said...

what a sweet little man!! He is so adorable and I love the fact that he LOVES ladybugs..how cute is that?!!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

First, I'm loving the picture! Have you even gotten those yet? Sheesh.

Secondly, about the one track mind thing---I wonder where he gets that from.

Thirdly, my favorite one is that he takes his pj's and runs from you. I can totally picture that chubby boy running away from you with his pj's in his hands and a huge smile on his face. Oh, how I love him.

Aubrey said...

He is way cute! So glad I got to see you guys!!! Thanks again for having me over! It was a short blast trip!! love you guys!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

He is so cute Karlee! I found your blog through Stacey's and it's so fun to see what you guys are up to. Boston is too adorable and I love his name! So cute!

critts said...

He's just so cute! Congrats on being sippy cup free - that is quite an accomplishment! The only sippy Marc will drink out of himself are the Nuby ones with the straws. Otherwise I have to hold it for him - they just love their mamas doing it for them!