So if you know me, you know that I don't have a crafty bone in my body! I just truly don't have a knack for being creative nor do I have the patience to sit and scrapbook, sew (I've broken 3 sewing machines), redoing furniture or anything else along those lines. It's just NOT ME! I've come to terms with that and instead of the stress of making or fixing something--and trust me when I say it STRESSES ME OUT--I'd rather just spend more money and buy it. SO MUCH EASIER! So now that you understand that about me, you will understand why I'm so proud of myself with my little project these past few days while Kent's been gone. Kiersten came over on Tuesday, we went to Hobby Lobby, got our supplies and headed home to get to work! Okay, now once I show you what we did, don't laugh because of the NON-difficult level of work that some may think it is but to a NON CREATIVE/CRAFTY person this was really impressive!
WE PAINTED BOSTON'S AND ISABEL'S NAMES TO PUT IN THEIR ROOMS! NOW THAT'S HARD WORK! HA!
I PAINTED THESE BLOCKS TO PUT ON SOME SHELVES IN BOSTON'S ROOM--honestly, this wasn't the quickest, easiest thing to do--maybe for you pro's but not someone like me!
So that was my project! I know it might seem little but I'm happy and proud that I didn't go and buy his letters from PBK for $10 a piece! I think a spent just a little bit more than that for supplies, letters, and blocks! MARTHA STEWART HERE I COME! Actually, I'm done in the creative department for awhile.....
P.S. Hobby Lobby isn't a place that I've ever really been to and shopped around. I've been their a few times but just briefly and I never realized how much home decor they have. I got really excited to go back and pick up some things for my house! If you've never been (I'm sure most of you have and have known this FOREVER) go and take a look, there's some really cute stuff!




6 comments:
HOBBY LOBBY is my favorite, isn't it wonderful. My mom is an addict to the store and it rubbed off on me. I am totally not crafty either. I can follow instructions when other people come up with stuff. Now this is the best store because not only do they sell the do it your self stuff but everything you could ever want at like 1/4th the price. We loved your wooden words at your house so I got mine there for 5 bucks! It really felt like a steal! Oh and don't feel bab about laughing at the girls fall, I totally had to put the camera down i was laughing so hard!
Great job! I guess for us non-crafty people it is a lot of work and in your case it turned out awesome!
SO Cute! I'd love to see the final product pic of his room with those things in it.
good job! those are so cute. I bet the blocks were hard not to mix the 3 colors. I like craft stuff but I struggle! Im trying to make a ABC book for Berk right now and I bet I'll finish it by the time shes in4th grade. oh well.
oh that's so cute! i am impressed! you are good!
Just curious, how long did it take you to check out at Hobby Lobby? I hate everything about that store, yet can't beat the good deals and that they are closed on Sundays... I swear that is the only reason I still support them. OH P.S. You did an awesome job. Nothing better than having a sense of accomplishment, right?
Post a Comment