Wednesday, February 13, 2008

HOUSE UPDATE:

I haven't posted pictures of our house in awhile, maybe that's because we haven't been out there in awhile and maybe THAT'S because we are officially backing out.....

Crazy I know! LONG STORY! So about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I had really been contemplating our move out to Keller. I kept thinking I was just getting the jitters because we were set to close in about 6 weeks. But it kept coming back to my mind, so finally I went to Kent to talk about it and shared my feelings with him. I was just having serious doubts about settling out that way. I don't know who is familiar with Dallas (it's HUGE) but the area we were building in (Keller) is on the west side of Dallas or technically more north Ft. Worth. It's not a very central location for us since Kent works in Carrollton which is about 15 min north of downtown Dallas. Keller would be about a 30 minute+ drive NOT including the crazy traffic for Kent everyday. I knew this from the beginning, yes, but ignored that part of the issue and justified it. I would have to say the MAIN reason we chose to move out that way is because we have friends out there. It's always nice to have friends close by and that was really our deciding factor. If we didn't have friends out that way we would have NEVER even THOUGHT about moving out there. Kent and I are planning on spending the rest of our lives in Dallas, his job right now will never require us to move and he is planning on starting his own company here in about 2 years. Who knows how long our friends in Keller will be here---it could be 2, 5 or 10 years but WHO KNOWS! So for us, we are settling and I really feel strongly about settling in an area that I can still see us loving and living in for the rest of our lives and that side of Dallas isn't it for us. We started to go search for houses elsewhere and it felt like we were starting from the beginning all over again. But after much thought, prayer and fasting we really feel good about staying in this area for now. Houses are a little bit pricier here because it's closer to downtown Dallas but we stumbled across these cute homes (patio homes) on the border of Lewiville and Coppell which is about 10 minutes from Kent's work and much more central for us. Our plan now is to start building this home in a few months (we can't run our credit again right now or else it will get docked since we have already had it ran from our pre-approval and approval so we have to be patient and wait) and are hoping to be in by fall unless we get a good deal on a prebuilt....and as long as we don't change our minds again...HA!

Sorry if this is so long, complicating and boring. I tried to explain myself the best I could!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Girl, go with your heart! It's so much better to be closer to your hubby/daddy.

Katie said...

WOW!! That is crazy, but if it doesn't feel right, then DON'T do it! We totally want a home, but it isn't the right time, so we are going to wait too...Good for you for listening to the Spirit! Good luck and keep us updated!

Jenn said...

Markus and I dealt with a similar situation. Everyone was either in 2nd ward boundaries or out in Denham (where his family was). I didn't want to look their because of where the people were. So long story short we ended up changing wards, finding a house that we loved (spent a little more money) and his has worked out ok for us. It's easy to get the jitters but if you keep the important things in front of you (like you are doing) you can't go wrong. Good Luck to yall. Hope all goes well.