Thursday, February 21, 2008

AND IT BEGINS.....again

You may remember a previous post last year about me starting on "The Best Life Diet." Well, I did it for about 1 month...lost about 4 pounds and then with the holidays it messed me all up. So after my workout today, I told Kent that it is time to start up again and this time I'm making him do it with me for support and motivation. I'm a major advocate for this diet because it's not really a "DIET" it's more of a change of lifestyle to help you lose weight and keep it off and live a happier, healthier life. I've read alot of the book and I totally agree with everything Bob Greene has to say! If any of you are trying to lose weight, I highly reccommend trying this.

Anyway, there are 3 stages that you go through with this "diet" and I'm starting back over at the FIRST PHASE since I was such a slacker the past month+. I'm blogging this because it helps me stay more committed to it. So here are Kent and mine's first few steps for the next 4 weeks:

WEIGHT IN: Weight yourself for starting weight; no weighing in until atleast 4 weeks.
FOCUS: Moving more and changing your meal patterns
OBJECTIVES:
  • Increase activity level
  • Stop eating atleast two hours before bedtime (we've set this for 9:00 pm)
  • Eat three meals, INCLUDING BREAKFAST (hard for me), plus atleast on snack daily
  • Stay hydrated--48 ounces of water a day
  • Eliminate alcohol (SOOO HARD! HA!)
  • Bolster you diet with daily supplments

So there you have it, our new change of lifestyle is just beginning. Swimsuit season is JUST around the corner!!!!

5 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

AWESOME! You'll have to let me know how it's going. I will be needing to loose about 300 pounds after this baby!

- said...

I know I want one or two good swimsout seasons before I get fat again! Ive been trying to loose weight too so maybe I should try this. Im all about changing habits cause diets really dont work ever. the alcohol thing will be a trial for me! I should probably be running right now while the kids asleep instead of blogging! oops!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

I too am in the dieting stage of life. its a long road of dieting ahead but at least we are trying right??!?!

Katie said...

Ok, so this is GREAT! As soon as I am done with the flu, I'll start...therefore, keep us informed of EVERY STEP =)

Justin and Stacey said...

Good luck with this Karlee! It is so...hard!! There are just too many yummy things that are bad for you. I keep thinking summer and swimsuits when I am at the gym but when I am home, it is so easy to forget and eat something bad!! I wish there was an easier way. :) I'm sure you will do great this time around...keep us posted! :)