My birthday has come and gone. I am now 28 and can NOT believe I'm ending the last few years of my twenties. TWO more years until the big 3-0 and I'm going to enjoy them as much as I can! A few weeks before my actual birthday, my group of friends got together to celebrate quite a few of our birthdays that fall between the end of August and the end of September. My sweet friends planned such a fun celebration for us all! We got tickets to The Fray and Kelly Clarkson concert. They also set the "rockstar" themed night with decked out decorated cars and a cheers to our birthdays with none other but some MARTINELLIS!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the concert. Kelly Clarkson was amazing and I SO WISH I could rock out like her! I'm sad I didn't get a picture of all the girls that came but I have to give super PROPS to Ashley coming NINE months pregnant! She is a trooper!
My actual birthday didn't disappoint either. Kent had asked what I wanted for my birthday and my response was, "YOU home from work all day so that I can go out shopping with NO kids!" My wish was granted as Kent had this set up with "DOOR #1, #2, #3" for me to choose from. Lucky me some how managed to pick the door that gave me a child free shopping spree (each door had the same winning prize...) and off I was sent (with a birthday pin and crown to wear along the way which I managed to tuck away in the car before going inside the mall). I was very impressed with how much shopping I accomplished so quickly without dragging kids from store to store.
Our evening was a little chaotic with Boston's football practice but once we got home, Kent had a cake all ready and made for me. Boston thought a RED cake with WHITE frosting would do the trick since red is my favorite color. Kent also thought it would be HILARIOUS to play a joke on me with TRICK candles. Let's just say we almost lit the house on fire with them...it was hilarious!
Once the boys were down for the night, we topped it off with some Outback takeout. I can never turn down some Outback! I'm so grateful for a husband you thinks of me and loves me to spoil me like he does. I'm also grateful for such wonderful friends and family who wished me a happy birthday and showered me with gifts and most importantly love! Here goes year number 28!
1 comment:
Ok, first off, I'm a little hurt that I had no idea that you went to the Kelly Clarkson concert....HELLOOOO! Are we not sisters?!?!?! ;)
I'm glad you were able to get away and go shopping all by yourself. If I were there, I would have definitely been by your side the hole time. I still reminisce about our Dallas shopping days. It seems like it was only last year. Those were good times! Hope you had a fabuloso birthday!!!
Post a Comment