Wednesday, May 13, 2009

SO. BUGGED.

We live on the 2nd floor. I have an almost two year old. Below us is a very edgy, certain race of a man who is very impatient. Since we've moved in, MULTIPLE times a day we get a loud, hard, obnoxious BANG on the ceiling when we are walking too loud or Boston's massive feet are making too much noise! It really is annoying. Kent laughs, I get mad. Who does that? You would laugh if you knew what he was banging at sometimes. Literally, we can just be WALKING and all of the sudden we get the loud bang from below. Does this person not realize that they live in an APARTMENT and you WILL hear things on occasions? I don't know if it's that I am more aware of Boston's jumping now or what but I SWEAR he gets excited and jumps up and down ALL the time now which of course INCREASES the banging. Do I care any more? No.

10 comments:

The Nielsons said...

I'm with Kent. That is very funny that he's being "that guy". Some people are so retarded. I say keep Boston jumping!! He's gotta get ready for his NBA career!!

Amanda and Brandon Jamison said...

Karlee......I think you should march right down there with Boston and put him in his place!That would TICK me off! Some people are SOO dumb!

Katie said...

That is crazy! You know, at one point in our marriage, we were the ones doing the banging on the ceiling..but that was because the people above us used to bounce a basketball...and wrestle and jump LOUD! IT was crazy...but to have a baby walk across the floor..ridiculous! Tell the man to pipe down and shut it!

critts said...

LOL this totally reminds me of the neighbor downstairs on Friends that used to bang on the ceiling with a broom. But probably not funny if it's happening to you, right? If it makes you feel better Marc jumps EVERYWHERE he goes these days so it's probably not because you're paranoid that you're noticing it more - it must just be a phase these little guys are going through.

jamie said...

Okay I'm guessing there is a word for this that I can't remember but totally have kent poop in a brown bag and light it on fire on his doorstep! We know Kent loves to play with/talk about his poop anyway. DO IT FOR FHE!!! this also totally reminds me of my underneath neighbors in king henry who complained ALL THE TIME and we did nothing. seriously. they said we broke their lamp but we were totally doing NOTHING. also remind me of kiersten's psycho underneath apartment neighbor. POOP IN THE BAG!!!

Ken and Meag said...

We had the same issue in our apartment...OLD PEOPLE! I think they're just bitter that they haven't bought a house by that point in life. And HEB is seriously the best, produce is awesome, service is awesome, love it there!!

Cherie' said...

Oh yes, I agree with Jamie...POOP IN THE BAG! If it is that big of a deal to him then he needs to come and address it to your faces. Maybe then he will realize that he is being retarded b/c he is banging at a 2 yr old. You can also then proceed to tell him if he doesn't like it then move!!! To me any noise made during the day is ok, after 10 is quiet time...in reason. People have to walk. Good luck with that!

KathiNiels said...

Okay, I'm an "OLD" person here, but my suggestion is this - no poop, just adds to more contention - lol - but.... be a better person than him - bake him some brownies, cookies or whatever - take them down to him and introduce him to Boston. Do NOT go inside his home but.... tell him that you are sorry that he feels unhappy with the jumping but it is hard to contain a 2 year old and a future NBA star - lol.... but meet him face to face and hopefully he will understand. Who knows, maybe he works nights and tries to sleep during the day. You never know. Be the better person - things are always more accomplished with honey that anger. If he still continues to be a pain then laugh and ignore the banging. Who knows he might end up putting a hole in his ceiling - lol - then won't he feel stupid.

Okay, enough of the unsolicited advise from me ;)

AmyB said...

we have tons of funny apartment stories from our apartment living! I need to write them down i guess! I think the funniest is when Eric killed the pet mouse of the little girl next door. Not on purpose. Well he killed it on purpose but we did not know it was hers until her mother came over for, get this...the MISSIONARY DISCUSSIONS...and told us her daughter's pet rat had gotten out adn they could not find it anywhere! We had to coonfess. She never finished the discussions. You are living so close to other people, things are bound to be annoying to others like little boys running and grown men killing their pets...:) Boston is fine. The guy will get over it. But if he doesn't he will probably just move.

AmyB said...

ps we thought the mouse was a wild one with disease. When i re-read my comment i don't think i made that clear. Eric does not walk around just killing animals!