Friday, May 22, 2009

EXPLORING HOUSTON:
This summer I am determined to explore as much as possible the city of Houston. Sometimes we leave from the summer and realize we didn't take advantage of all the things that city has to offer. So since Kent has Saturday's off this year, we are taking FULL advantage of that and are going to new places every weekend! If anyone knows of anything fun to do here, let me know!
This past weekend we went up to The Woodlands and they have what they call "Market Street" with trolleys and boats to take you from place to place! It's a pretty neat outdoor shopping area. I LOVE the feel of the place. They have condos that I told Kent I could DEFINITELY live in if #1 we had no kids and most importantly #2 if we had NO dog! Kent claims he'd go broke because I'd be shopping daily BUT I told him that there is a POSSIBILITY that I'd get tired of shopping.......
There were all kinds of restaurants that had outdoor seating with music playing and people running and riding their bikes along the waterway. It was just a really neat environment!
Anyway, we explored the area and when it was all said and done we let Boston play with the other kids in the fountains.
Look how HAPPY this boy is to be playing in the water!
After awhile I decided it was time to show off Boston's muscle's so I took his shirt off....okay, okay I was just trying to keep him from soaking EVERYTHING he was wearing!
Then Boston spotted some kids playing with a ball and decided it was HIS turn. Luckily, none of the other kids cared about it any longer and the nice family who brought the balls allowed him to play with it.
We were EXTREMELY hot from being outside all day and decided to hit up the pool with the few hours we had left of sunlight.

Boston again found some one's football and held onto that thing with his LIFE!
Anyway, we finished up the night with the Cook's at KFC trying their new "Kentucky GRILLED Chicken" which got an okay review (I'm a southern girl so I'm going to stick with the FRIED!) and then since Mall Cop was all rented out Kent chose the LAME movie, "The Day the Earth Stood Still." If you haven't seen it yet, don't waste your time! All in all we had a GREAT weekend and I'm excited for tomorrow to explore more! PLUS Sunday IS Boston's 2nd birthday!!!!! Can't wait!!!
Oh! One last thing. Today I woke up to this:
Kent popped his head up as soon as he heard me take the picture but he WAS passed out sleeping while Boston was intently watching Barney! Nice right? And yes, my husband IS wearing shorts...

8 comments:

Cassie said...

I was a little relieved to know that Kent was wearing shorts ;) Haha! Houston looks like a blast! I love exploring new places! I can't wait to start taking Hallie swimming, we got a pool pass for this summer I am sure she will love it! Your little man is getting so big, he is still as adorable as ever! Happy bday to him!!!!!!

Amanda and Brandon Jamison said...

I think you REALLY took boston's shirt off to make sure he got some sun to help with his tan;). And I might have to agree with Kent......living there would be dangerous.....I don't think you could EVER get sick of shopping....I know I couldn't! I will say that I am totally and utterly JEALOUS that Kent has saturday's off......got any job openings just like Kent's????? if you do, we will be there tomorrow!!! Keep exploring so that when I come visit you will know ALL the best places to see!! Happy Birthday to BOSS-MAN!!

Ken and Meag said...

I'll try to brainstorm more places you should try but Kemah Boardwalk comes to mind. Not super close, but it's really fun-restaurants, ferris wheel/rides, games,tourist type shopping...it's right along the bay down south so you can watch boats and yachts go by. Check out their website, not sure how it's doing since the hurricane! Glad y'all are having fun though!!! Houston is great!

Katie and Josh Fairbanks said...

Jordan is obsessed with balls too! everywhere we go if he sees a kid with a ball he will run over and try to take it! He actually did it today at the park, and he was not at all worried that the kids were like 9 or 10 he was going to get that thing! what will we do with our boys?

Jenn said...

That looks like my kind of shopping! How fun :) Have you been to the wall of water? Around the corner from the Galleria? I think it's on or near Post Oak?? Its pretty and lots of area to run around and have a picnic lunch. But if you want to make it a shopping trip don't tell Kent I suggested it ;)

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Now you know you really took off Boston's shirt to make sure he had an even tan, right?! =) hehe, funny, but I know you did. =)

I can't wait to come out in a few days. It's going to be so much fun. Chad said I only have $100 to spend for the whole trip. He's joking obviously, but I know he can feel Kents pain.

Talk to you soon....hopefully....that is if you still love me.

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

OH, and by the way..... I love the way Boston is just chillaxin' in the pool with those floaties on. That's awesome.

critts said...

I love the Woodlands. We went there a lot for Marcus's work and have spent some serious time at that splash fountain.

PS Marc has those same jammies and I love them.