ADVENTURES OF A HOMELESS LIFE!
We were homeless for almost 4 weeks and we are NOW OFFICIALLY in Houston with our own place! Although our adventures were fun, it's nice to know we aren't going to be living out of a suitcase anymore and finally have a stable life for Boston! Although I must say, overall he did well with all of the change from place to place! Towards the end though, you could tell he was DONE! No worries Bubba, so were we!
This will probably be a picture blog so get ready! Surprisingly I didn't take that many pictures...but hopefully I can recap what we did with our time. We went from Farmington to Rexburg, Rexburg to St. George, BACK to Farmington, flew to Dallas then finally to our final destination, HOUSTON!
Kari and Brandon were SO kind to take us in for the longest period of time. They put up with Boston and Stella which is a lot for ANYONE to handle, especially when Kari's cats were constantly being chased by Stella! I guess she didn't understand that cats don't play back like other dogs do!
Once the weekend hit, Kari and I went and took care of her registry while the boys decided to put on a BBQ since the weather was so nice. They went out and bought a cheap grill and spent nearly 4+ hrs putting it together and finally at 8 pm we were grilling! It was delicious though and well worth the wait! Also that Sunday was their "Special" Stake Conference where Elder Oaks came and spoke! It was SOO nice to hear him speak and it really gave me the boost to do all I can to look at the positive and better myself as a mom, wife, and woman!
Tuesday we headed up to THE BURG (or was it Monday..?)! This was probably the last chance we'd be able to head up and hang out with the Jamisons since they'll probably be moving from Rexburg in the fall (or sooner)! It's always fun going and being with friends and having someone to back me up on my opinions!!!! We were there for St. Patricks Day and Amanda had the idea to have a GREEN dinner! So we did just that! It was SUPERB thanks to Amanda's creativity and making EVERYTHING green!
Yes this includes GREEN Sprite, GREEN butter on the bread, GREEN salad (of course), GREEN chicken fettuccine, and GREEN plates, napkins and cups!
The Lainharts came over (Becca also brought GREEN chocolate chip cookies) and joined us! Notice EVERYONE MINUS Kent is wearing GREEN! Apparently he is TOO GOOD for that! I've decided that we will continue this GREEN tradition next year and years to come! Maybe we'll spend it with the Jamison's next year again......?!?
Also, Boston and little Ashlynn began to entertain themselves after dinner together! They were so cute laughing and running after each other! She is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!
Thanks Jamisons for letting us come stay at your Inn! I don't think we got chocolates on our pillow this time though....
Thanks Jamisons for letting us come stay at your Inn! I don't think we got chocolates on our pillow this time though....
Next stop, ST GEORGE! My grandparents just moved down there a few months ago and I'm SO glad we got a chance to go see their new pad! I was actually VERY impressed with St. George. The weather was SO good to us and of course my grandparents make EXCELLENT hosts! When we arrived my grandparents FAMOUS enchiladas were made and my grandma's brother, Uncle George and Aunt Lyla and their youngest song David and his family came over! It was so good to see them and meet my distant cousin! Saturday we packed up a yummy picnic and headed to the GREATEST park! They had a little man made stream of water so kids could play in it and it was the PERFECT depth so the kids could just walk in and out and play! I got no pictures of that and I'm TERRIBLY upset about it too!

Saturday my grandparents offered to watch Boston so we could go on a date together! We were SOO happy to take advantage of that and off we were for a night on the town in St. George.
We walked the St. George temple grounds.
Then headed over for some putt-putt and go-kart fun! Kent cheated and beat me in putt-putt (okay maybe he didn't cheat but for SOME REASON my game was TOTALLY OFF...UGH!) but then I beat Kent racing the karts because he was more concerned about nailing these little ten year olds he met in line....do you think he'll ever grow up? Probably not and I love it!
We finished our date at In-N-Out where I decided that YES I have DEFINITELY had better burgers and fries but hey, that's the place where Kent FIRST spent money on me (he bought me a T-shirt) and I realized he MUST really like me because he told me before that he NEVER spends money on someone else's wife! So we had to go back that night and celebrate!
We also got to visit Jacob Hamblin's home-the Mormon cowboy who is famous in the cowboy world for having riden the most miles on a horse and also for being so kind and honest with the Indians.
We also visited Brigham Young's home in St. George. It was SO neat to be in the same house that he once was and to see some of the actual things he used. Going through these sites was VERY educational and there's also a good feeling you get when you go. Kent and I both REALLY enjoy visiting these kinds of places!
We also go to attend my grandparents "retired" ward on Sunday. THAT was definately something I'd never experienced before. Boston was the ONLY child in sacrament which made me feel EXTRA paranoid if he made ANY kind of noise! They were all very welcoming and HAPPY to have a "little one" there! Spending time in St. George with my grandparents and their new retired life made Kent and I wonder what we'll look like when we're old, where we'll retire, when we'll retire, how our children will be at that point, etc. I can't imagine that stage in life although I AM looking forward to relaxing, working on family history, traveling, visiting family and living in ONE PLACE for the rest of my life! Thanks Grandpa Bob and Grandma Jean for letting us come! Boston now pats his face every time we say, "What does Grandma Great say?" since you would pat his face then yours when you were trying to get him to remember who you were! He also still says "EEEEEEE U!" just like you grandma! No worries grandma, I don't mind!
We also go to attend my grandparents "retired" ward on Sunday. THAT was definately something I'd never experienced before. Boston was the ONLY child in sacrament which made me feel EXTRA paranoid if he made ANY kind of noise! They were all very welcoming and HAPPY to have a "little one" there! Spending time in St. George with my grandparents and their new retired life made Kent and I wonder what we'll look like when we're old, where we'll retire, when we'll retire, how our children will be at that point, etc. I can't imagine that stage in life although I AM looking forward to relaxing, working on family history, traveling, visiting family and living in ONE PLACE for the rest of my life! Thanks Grandpa Bob and Grandma Jean for letting us come! Boston now pats his face every time we say, "What does Grandma Great say?" since you would pat his face then yours when you were trying to get him to remember who you were! He also still says "EEEEEEE U!" just like you grandma! No worries grandma, I don't mind!
Back to Farmington we headed so I could finish preparing for Kari's baby shower! My mom flew in that Thursday to help and together I think we made it a SUCCESS! Thanks everyone for coming and making this day so special for Kari and baby Krew!! A little bit longer Kari and he'll be here!!!
The invites thanks to the talented KRISTIN!
The mother-to-be at 27 weeks!
Some decor
The favors
The grub
The drinks: virgin mimosas and water bottles
Closer look at the water bottles...once again, thanks for your talent Kristin!
The name board for Kari that I made...once again I TRIED to be creative and failed! Those two pics are Brandon and Kari as little kids!
Some of the guests.
Kari wanted to play the "DIRTY DIAPER" game, so we did and Grandma is the one who got snapped sniffing the messy diaper!
The mother-in-law, the mother-to-be and the mother herself!
SISTERS!
The grandmothers with the M.T.B.
Sunday since my mom was still in town, we headed up to Brigham City to visit. My cousin Melissa came over with her two boys and my Aunt DeAnn, Uncle Gord and cousin Jessica all come over too! Boston and the boys PLAYED and it was so cute to watch them! Melissa's boys are TRUE boys and it kinda almost convinced me to want to have a boy next instead of a girl....that's ALMOST convinced, I still want that little girl!
Our trip in Utah came to and end (good by snow and HELLO SUNSHINE). Kent left early Sunday for Houston and I flew out Wednesday to Dallas (and yes, Boston was a gem on the flight THANKFULLY). I got to spend time with all our friends in Dallas for a few days which has been very much missed and I'm glad we got to come for a little bit. It felt like we never left!
Boston and Izzy played and played! They are SOO cute together and they just LAUGH AND LAUGH at each other! Boston misses little Izzy so much! No worries though, we'll see you soon enough when little baby girl #2 (I won't say her name=)) comes!
Friday came and Kent came over to pick us up! Friday night Mary took on Boston and Izzy AND her own little Owen for us so the Nielsons and us could enjoy a night out without the kids! Ya'll are SOO sweet to do that! THANK YOU AGAIN!
Saturday was a busy day with a baby "SPRINKLE" for Kiers and O-man's ONE year birthday!

The cute diaper cakes Jamie made for the outing at Mimi's Cafe with the cute favors!
The cute diaper cakes Jamie made for the outing at Mimi's Cafe with the cute favors!
BFF's and YES only one of us is pregnant and she's on the left!
Mary and Britta (BOTH are pregnant...well only ONE that we know FOR SURE!)
I have no pictures of Owen's birthday but Mary did SUCH a cute job! I should've stole your pictures off your blog like I did with the shower pictures of Jamie's! It was fun having lots of kids for Boston to play with and see how big all of these little babies have gotten since we left last November (and how BIG the Mama's have gotten--that's to Britta and Kiers...NO ONE else and that's also because they are pregnant NOT because I'm rude)!
Last stop before heading to Houston on Sunday was a visit to Leslie and Sid. It was quick but as you can tell from the picture Boston was SOOO very ready to get to a stable environment. At Kiers' all day Sunday he kept saying, "Bye bye, bye bye!" Poor kid! I did learn that Boston LOVES eating peanut butter from the jar since Sidney introduced that to him! It makes for a mess but he LOVES it. Funny how he won't eat it on sandwiches though!
And that's OFFICIALLY IT for our adventures! We made it to Houston LATE Sunday night and are here to stay awhile! Well for the next 6 months anyway....AND we're headed to Baton Rouge this weekend for Easter. No, we NEVER stop!


























8 comments:
Wow! That has got to be the longest blog EVER!! AND I LOVED IT! So fun....it actually seems kinda cool to be a hobo. =) I'm a little jealous actually. You had alot of fun and visited alot of family and friends....I would LOVE to do that! Especially with my husband.
The shower turned out adorable. I wish I could have been there. You and mom did a great job...especially for what little time you had. And I LOVE that picture of Grandma smelling that "dirty" diaper.
OH! And that picture of Grandma holding Boston cracks me up. He's almost as big as she is! =0
Good job! Enjoyed the post.
4 weeks with no home, wow! Yall did good going just about everywhere, huh? Can't wait to see yall in BR. Kari is such a cute mommy. Tiny as can be. I just love it. The shower decor was soooo... cute. Happy to see she registered at RH Baby & Child. I was happy when they came out with their own line. I remember telling Markus when i got the 1st catalog that it was worth us waiting to have kids! I'm obsessed :)
Wow you guys have been traveling like crazy! But welcome back to the great state.
That was the best post! Now don't go homeless again and make us wait weeks for another one. I can't wait for us to all be able to play again!!!
PS I love your diaper cake! I see if back there!
Holy crap I'm huge!
What a long but fun month for you!! Boston is getting so big he is looking like a little boy and not a toddler anymore! He is adorable! What a gorgeous baby shower you guys threw for your sister, you are all VERY TALENTED! She looks tiny and darling as a pregnant mama! Also the st patties day dinner looked like a blast, wish we could have been there! Man it has really been WAY to long since we have seen you guys, we miss you! No one can replace the Hoopers ;) Good luck settling in in Houston!
We were SOOO happy to have you for those few days! You guys sure were busy but it looks like it was a lot of fun! I bet its nice to finally b settled! The shower for your sister looked awesome, I didn't know you were such an amazing party planner! Thats great! Can't wait to see you soon!!!
Post a Comment