Friday, April 10, 2009

18 MONTH CHECKUP!

Okay, so I know you're probably thinking, "That boy isn't 18 months!" But yes, I'm a terrible mother and he is 22 months JUST getting his 18 month checkup. I have to say it wasn't my fault. We had insurance issues that didn't allow us to be insuranced for his checkups in Utah and Kent didn't feel like paying an arm and a leg for something that would usually cost $30. So we waited to go to our old doctor in Dallas which meant us waiting until March 27th. I made Kent go with me because I was embarrassed to show up so late but luckily for me the doctor just laughed and didn't ask any questions!

Here's Bubba at 18 months (maybe 19...)
STATS:
HEIGHT: 33 inches 45%
WEIGHT: 30.2 lbs. 75%

He's as healthy as can be other than trying to clear up some little bumps on his skin that I can't remember for the life of me what the doctor called them (no its not eczema). We have to scrub his skin with face wash with exfoliant beads which leaves him smelling like lemons (NOT too fond of) so I lather him up with baby lotion that much more (I'm obsessed with having a good smelling baby)!!

Also, as far as food goes these days, this boy has turned ALL PICKY! It drives me NUTS! He used to eat ANYTHING! Now it's Mac-n-Cheese, chicken nuggets, yogurt, and cheese. No veggies, hit or miss with fruit, and MAYBE crackers! I will DEFINATELY be pulling out my Deceptively Delicious cookbook this summer to get something healthy in that boy! How he stays so chunky with the little he eats, I have NO idea!

3 comments:

critts said...

Ugh...Marc has turned into such a picky eater it is so frustrating!

Boston is a cutie as always!

Furniss Family said...

Haha, I'm the same way with Lincoln. Trying to get the insurance thing figured out before I take him in too. I do want to know what the doctor said Boston had with those bumps though? Lincoln started getting little bumps all over his tummy and back and they are tiny so you have to look close to see them, and recently they are little red bumps? I am working everyday to get the Health Insurance Billing mix up fixed and in the meantime worried about the little bumps. Any help would be great, or what scrub are you using on him? Thanks and wish you guys an awesome summer and much luck :)

Katie and Josh Fairbanks said...

Try V8 Infusion juice it has a full serving of fruits and veggies in every 8 oz.! Jordan loves it and I feel better about giving it to him!