Wednesday, September 12, 2007

WE'RE BACK!!!

So I have been trying to post pictures FOREVER but my computer hasn't been allowing me to download my pictures for some reason. But it's FINALLY working today...HOORAY! These pictures were taken last week when Boston rolled over all the way! He just got out of the bath and I was trying to get him dressed but he kept wanting to roll to the side. So finally I quit trying and let him do his thing. After much determination, grunting, fussiness, and effort he rolled over COMPLETELY! I was SOO proud of our little man!

He is now officially the roll over KING!
I was soo excited this night that he did it but now I'm left in a bind. Now at night he DEMANDS that he rolls over on to his stomach. I was a little worried at first because he would roll towards the bumper and I was afraid he was going to suffocate. But I've gotten over that because he can move his head back and forth really well. Now my dilemma is that he WAS sleeping through the night but now he wakes up quite a few times because he wants to lay back on his back and he can't get over all by himself! So he cries and cries until I come in, wrap him back up and place him on his back. But what happens an hour or two later...he cries and cries until I can place him back to his starting position! I don't know how much longer I can handle it. Every day I try to work on teaching him how to roll back to his back but he just isn't interested. Instead he just extends his arms and legs and balances on his belly with no effort to try to roll back over! How long will this last because I can't keep waking up like this every night!

2 comments:

Robin D said...

Hi Karlee & Kent! I ran across your blog and just had to comment on what a cute porker you have! He's so big-good competition for my little/big girl.
As for the rolling over thing I have no advice. Kaiden was the same way, he loved rolling over but didn't like to be on his tummy and then would scream until I rolled him back over and it would start all over again. But luckily w/ Kalli she learned how to roll front and back at the same time. Good luck, I hope he learns to roll back and forth before you go crazy having to get up all night.

Jeni said...

you know, i think every new phase is like that. nat is now sitting up and she will sit up and not be able to lay back down and SCREAM till we come in and do it!