Saturday, July 21, 2007

House Hunting

I was pressuring Kent a few days ago about getting moving on a house. We haven't not decided if we are going to build or buy and I told him that if we're going to BUILD then we need to start the ball rolling so that we can be in it by the time our lease it up in January. We don't have much time. If we are going to buy then there's no rush but I want to find something I like before I say I'm going to buy. Property taxes here in Texas are a KILLER. They say a good rule of thumb is to take 1% of what your buying price is and that'll be your monthly payments--more than likely it'll be lower but just as a caution! So...we are trying to decide what to do. Yesterday after browsing the internet for homes in Frisco/McKinney I came across these TOTALLY cute Cape Cod style homes. I love them because they are different from what you normally see around here and they look so warm and cozy! I fell in love and Kent and I went and checked them out. I LOVE them! I love everything about the houses!



They don't have this style anymore but you get the idea

The area is SO pretty with EVERYTHING close--Stonebriar mall, Ikea, Super Target, Wal-Mart, DOZENS of restuarants, Lifetime Fitness...TONS! It is growing like CRAZY out there... the only BAD thing is that it is about a 25-30 min drive for Kent each day. Which wouldn't be SO bad but his job isn't normal like others. He drives into work for about 1 hr then drives to the area he will be knocking in then BACK to the office to turn in paper work THEN home. So it would be crazy driving! That's the only delima. We LOVE that area and when Kent starts his pest control company that's the area he wants to focus on developing because there is TONS of growth out there. But at the same time we really like Carrollton and this area. The homes just might be more than we want to spend though and its hard because you can get a house out in Frisco/McKinney area for the same price but brand new and bigger!





Who knows!?! Kent is loosing sleep on it...ha! He said last night he had SUCH a hard time falling asleep because he was contemplating on buying this house from yesterday (its being offered at $20000 LESS than the normal asking price), building on the LAST lot in the neighborhood, or buying in Lewisville/Flower Mound/Carrollton area. We kind of have to make FOR SURE decision soon....this is actually kinda all overwelling....HELP!!!

2 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

How cute is that house!! I think you guys should just buy it! Shoot, $20,000 lower than asking price. That sounds awesome to me.
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

jamie said...

I love that house! So cute, good luck deciding!!!