Monday, July 09, 2007

Because TODAY is our...INDEPENDENCE DAY! All the counsins in their 4th of July outfits!
I'm so sorry that all of you couldn't have joined us for the 4th. It was such a fun day and I know you are all jealous you missed out! We invited the Richardson's and their whole clan, Jared and Courtney Rawson, Gary Crowton (YES LSU'S OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR!) and his family, and of course the whole Bluth family minus Kent since he decided he had to be in Dallas instead. It was a total of about 30 people. You know its always a great day with fun people to visit with, a pool, and most of all FOOD!



Boston sportin spirit for the 4th
All the women sat around and chatted while the men had their competative..I mean COMPETATIVE game of pool basketball (YES Papa Bluth included!). They all came out of the pool with scratches all over their chests and backs. Some even had blood! It was hilarious to watch them practically drown each other just to get the basketball! The kids tried to swim but the men were all over the place! Poor kids...all they wanted to do was enjoy the water!

This was just the warm up...trust me it was much MUCH worse than this!

After we all ate our hamburgers, Mom pulled through with her annual 4th of July homemade ice cream! It was absolutely DELICIOUS! Once it got dark enough, everyone headed to the front for the firework show! I don't think we new what dad had in mind! At first the kids played with Roman candles and small fireworks (yes, we're true southern rednecks!). I was about to be let down thinking to myself that if dad really spent as much said he did on THIS then it was REALLY a waste of money! But he proved me wrong when all the sudden the guys started lighting the real stuff, "One Bad Mother and One Bad Mother-in-Law!" I swear our show was bigger than the show downtown Baton Rouge that night! The show went on for like 20 minutes! We had ash and debris falling down on us so we had to keep moving our chairs farther and farther back closer to the house! It was AWESOME! Both kids and adults were quite impressed!

Renecks sitting outside in our lawn chairs without shoes enjoying the show

The Pre-Show

Only of glimpse of the REAL show
The day really was alot of fun and I'm sad more of ya'll couldn't have joined us...even more sad that my hubbie was unable to participate in the bball tournament! There were definately some memorable moments made:

  • Austin (Amy Richardon/Bascom's lil boy) asked his dad if he was drinking alcohol when Eric had an IBC Rootbeer...in the glass bottle...in his hand.
  • Sophie got too close to the edge of the wading area without her floaties and drowned...don't worry Chad and Seth both dove in IMMEDIATELY and saved her life!
  • Gary Crowton gave us the low down of LSU's offense this year...the highlight of my NIGHT!
  • Mia (Amy's lil girl) asked me what my name was then said, "Are you a boy?"
  • Courtney Richardson introduced herself to Crowton's wife not knowing who she was and said "OH ARE YOU RELATED TO GARY CROWTON?!" Her reply being, "Yes actually...he's my husband and he's right over there!"

It was definately a true southern mormon 4th spent with great friends and family!

5 comments:

The Nielsons said...

That's awesome! I love the comment about you being a boy! Hahaha, why didn't you get into the pool?

Karlee said...

Why didn't I get into the pool?!? HELLO I FREAKING JUST HAD A BABY! Me and the bathing suit aren't ready to be friends yet! Give me a little bit longer!

Karlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Nielsons said...

Haha, cmon now, Kent says you've been losing weight like nobody's business! You and I are taking Boston to the pool this summer and getting in, mark my words!

Karlee said...

HA! You're going to have to talk me into that BIG time! Once my belly is down all the way then I'll THINK about it!