Friday, January 23, 2015

merry christmas

Christmas Sunday came and went (I don't think I'll ever get sick of buying the boys Christmas outfits).
We wrapped all our presents, loaded up the truck (and trailer) then headed over to Louisiana on Christmas Eve Eve.
 We started our Christmas Eve making gingerbread houses.  I was surprised at how much this kept the kids calm, quiet and happy.  They loved doing this together.
Side note: Gingerbread house trick--hot glue the house together FIRST.  It's MUCH more sturdy that way when little kids are decorating.
 The elf dropped off the FIRST gift of Christmas---Christmas pajamas.
 Then we headed to Grandma's house to spend Christmas Eve with the Hooper family. 
We had a wonderful dinner followed by Kent telling everyone the Christmas story and ended with opening gifts.
 When all was finished, we headed back to my parent's where all the cousins slept together in the game room anxiously awaiting Santa's arrival.
 The kids must have been pretty sleepy because surprisingly they slept until 7:30 (which must be a record for Christmas morning).  They lined up youngest to oldest, called for Mimi and Papa then headed to see what Santa brought. 
By the way, I LOVE passing on my Christmas traditions to the kids.
 Boston was surprised to see his FIRST gun---a bb gun.
Nolan had NO idea WHAT was going on but enjoyed any attention he got.
 Hudson was very consistent with what he wanted for Christmas--a BAT BOT.  Who knew this was SUCH a popular toy that was sold out EVERY WHERE and was going for TRIPLE on Ebay and Amazon.  It was a miracle that Santa was able to make this work out I tell ya!
 Boston was also pleased to discover a basketball goal outside.  This gift has kept him SO busy and outside CONSTANTLY shooting hoops.  He loves it.
 Hudson is our little creator of random things.  He LOVES paper and he LOVES, LOVES TAPE!  He was the happiest when he opened his very own pack of computer paper and a 5 pack of tape.  It's the little things....
 My parents surprised all the brother in laws with new suits this year.  Kent has been in need of one of these for awhile.
 
The rest of the day was spent exploring and playing with new toys.  The best part of having all your cousins around is playing with their new toys too. 
 Boston also spent some time putting his gingerbread house to good use.
 Another wonderful Christmas in the books.  It was our first with THREE boys.  It's crazy how it seriously feels like Boston just had his first Christmas last year. 
I love these boys and I love Christmas.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I may need to get copies of some of these sweet pictures! Love, Love the behind the scenes pics- kids sleeping in the game room, lining up on Christmas morning! Even though it was a crazy Christmas with everything going on, we so LOVE having y'all here! We were bursting at the seams, but oh well. Wonderful memories made!! Love you!