Monday, January 26, 2015

happy new year 2015

We had a FUN night planned for New Years this year. 
Sadly, I was SO sick and not feeling well enough to celebrate.
I slept and watched from a distance.
This year, we labeled balloons with different times.  Each balloon had a fun activity for the kids to do at those times until MIDNIGHT.
First, was the piñata.
 Then the kids got to decorate sugar cookies.
 Up next was FIREWORK time!  I was so sad to miss the show!  Everyone said it was the best one yet (although I feel like they say that every year).
  Kent's mom and our niece Sidney came over that evening to enjoy New Years with us.  Carol kept Nolan warm and protected during the show.
 Boston has a love/hate relationship with fireworks.  His little ears can NOT handle the noise.  I died when I saw this picture because it depicts it  perfectly.
 Once fireworks were complete, each of the kids got their own mini canvas to create their own masterpiece.
 By that time, everyone was slowly started to drag.  Boston laid on the floor for a few minutes and next thing we knew, he was OUT!  In his defense, he had just gotten over being sick.
 Sadly, Boston and Hudson missed out on the count down to midnight and missed the epic balloon drop!
 The Withers kids are the only ones who held strong!
 I had to get up a celebrate the New Year too!
 Meanwhile, our boys had NO idea 2015 had just begun.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

great ideas! you should pinterest these!