Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hudson at 2

 This post is LONG overdue.

Hudson's stats:
Weight: 29 lbs (63%)
Height: 35 inches (75%)
Hudson's weight gain really slowed down between his 18 month and 2 year checkups.  Part of it is that fact that he was continuously sick and was hardly eating a thing.  From what I'm used to with my boys, Hudson seems like a skinny little guy when he runs around in just his diaper. 
This boy is just learning and growing each day. 
He is still a clown and loves attention while making people laugh.
One of my biggest struggles with him lately is FOOD. 
He will not eat a THING. 
Fruits, not one.
Veggies, not one.
Chicken Nuggets--check.
Hot Dog--check.
It is absolutely and completely frustrating.  We have had countless battles at the table trying to get him to eat SOMETHING healthy.  He is my SUGAR lover and I've even kept him away from sugar.  No luck yet.  We have done the whole, this is what you have to eat, if you don't eat it, tough luck thing...which has resulted in a VERY grouchy starving boy who wakes up SUPER early, starving and grouchy in the morning (and still refusing most foods).  It has been a very big struggle for me.  Crossing my fingers this phase ends soon.
Thank GOODNESS for smoothies where I can get fruits and veggies in him.  He will also eat the pureed pouches you can buy that have the fruit/veggie mix.  We bought dried fruit from Costco for food storage awhile back, although I don't find it tasty, Hudson REALLY likes it. 
Let's pray this phase ends REALLY soon.
Hudson always must have something (train, car, block, etc) in his hand almost at all times.  When we leave the house, when we play around the house, when he goes to bed...it's a must.  At night we make him leave whatever his chosen favorite is for the day on the dresser.  In the morning when he wakes up, it's the first thing he asks for.
 He has shown interest in the potty.  He asks to sit on the toilet but has never peed or pooped yet.  I think he just enjoys the seat and likes to be big like the rest of us.  When he is poopy, he asks to be changed and usually gets really quiet and goes off to the side when he is pooping.  He asks to see it when I change him and waves his hand in front of his face saying "TINKY, TINKY!"
This boy is ALL about his cars ("ars"),
 And trains ("ains"),
Four wheelers (his interpretation of the word four wheeler is hilarious) and LOVES to get "muddy,"
 He loves his Bubba,
 ANYTHING sweet but most importantly his obsession with his daddy.  I don't know if Boston ever reached this levek of obsession with his dad but Hudson LIVES for Kent.  He asks for his daddy during the day, wants Kent to hold him when he comes home, wants Kent to help him with whatever, sit by him, ride four wheelers with him...you name it, he wants Kent.  I have to admit AT TIMES I get a little jealous.
 Hudson is one you have to keep your eye on.  I turned away from one minute in the bathroom one day only to turn around to Hudson covered in red face paint and hair soaked from the spray bottle. 
Curious Hudson.
 He is still currently in his crib.  When Boston was around 2, I was SO anxious to transition him to the big boy bed.  Now that I have experienced that process (getting him to STAY in bed at night), I'm not in such a rush with Hudson...especially with the boys sharing a room...that would just be TROUBLE.  So we will ride this train as long as we can for now.  He still sleeps with his binky but leaves it on his pillow when he wakes up.  We are down to ONE binky (where do those things disappear to) and I'm pretty sure the end will be coming soon. 
A few other random things about Hudson:
  • He LOVES the show Chuggington
  • He can identify the color blue and green
  • When we count, he only cares to say the number 8.
  • He LOVES to read books. 
  • If you are talking to him, many times he responds with "HUH??" over and OVER. 
  • We love hearing him say "OH NO!!!" and "WHAT DAT DADDY?"
  • If you ask how old he is, he will respond with "TWO!" and tries to show you two on his fingers but can't quite work his hand  so he puts up one finger on each hand.
  • His wake up time seems to be getting earlier and EARLIER.  Currently it's 6:50 or so.  Help me.
  • His bottom two TWO YEAR molars have come in.
  • Probably my FAVORITE is that when he gets hurt, he cries until I ask to give his bo-bo a kiss, then it magically heals it and off he is playing again.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I love this! He will get a kick out of reading this when he gets older! What a cute kid...he seems super smart! Hope the eating improves...Susanna doesn't like veggies either so I get the fruit/veggie pouches too!! I want to hug the inventor of those things!!!

Mom said...

Love me some Huddy Hud! He is a little OCD about things (having something in his hand, etc.). But the child is adventurous and too too smart! I love the way he says four wheeler ("or wheeler" perhaps?) Give him hugs from MIMI!