Thursday, February 14, 2013

January Recap

Having been hit with sickness in our home, I feel like our month of January was pretty boring.  The perks of our month came at the end. 
Boston wrapped up his second season of basketball.  His skills are improving EACH season and its nice to see all the players more into the game.
 Boston's biggest concern (besides keeping track of how many shots he made each game) was how many games they won.  At the YMCA, they play "fair" at this age and don't keep track of score (dumb) so Kent and I were in charge of keeping track.  I'll admit they there were a few games we lost count and just told him their team won....shhhh!
 On his last game, we were lucky to have family in town to watch Boston play.  He was on the TAIL END of his sickness but was determined to play.  Poor boy was SO exhausted not having all his energy back yet and hardly wanted to run up and down the court.  He pulled through though.  The main reason he wanted to go so badly was to get his TROPHY.  He is beginning to get quite the collection (how to you incorporate dinky trophies into your boy's room decor....?  They are now at the top of his closet;))
 This picture cracks me up.  I tried to fix the glare and red eye but no luck.  It looks like we have a few zombies snuggled up for some movie watching.
 Kent had left town and I was about at the end of my ropes with all this sickness so I begged my mom to come hangout with me while Kent was out of town.  She was so great and came over to help.  Love her.  Thanks mom. 
Our visitors didn't stop there.  I had also invited Kristin and her fam down for the weekend before we got sick with our 18387090 stint of sicknesses.  They decided against it (which I understood) but then last minute (VERY last minute) changed their minds and came to play.  By the time they arrived, my boys were healthy (for the most part) and we decided to try to make the best of our weekend.  We took them to one of our favorite places, Sky High.
 One of the nights, we crafted (or they crafted while I watched).  I've been wanting a Valentine's Day runner for awhile and since I'm not a sewer (breaking 3 sewing machines is enough for me) I asked my mom to bring her machine with her.  My mom and Kristin went to work....I also should be getting my St. Patrick's Day runner in the mail soon too (thanks for finishing it momma).
 Sunday the kids just played and played. 
Inside.  Outside. 
I love how these kids are just best friends.
We enjoyed a little Sunday pot roast before it was time for everyone to leave.

 Monday was President's Day so I BEGGED Kent to take a break from work early so we could spend some time together as a family.  He agreed and we found this fun place for the kids to go play.  These boys had basically been cooped up inside forever and were SOOOO happy to get out.
 The following Saturday, I was at a RS Conference and Kent had found some fun trails for the four wheeler. He loaded everyone up and made a morning with the boys of getting down and dirty.  In the middle of the conference, I got these pictures texted to me.
 The boys (including Kent) LOVE this bonding time
My boys in their Christmas CAMO! 
We are so redneck.
 The day was BEAUTIFUL so once I got home, we enjoyed time at the park playing with friends and enjoying being OUT.
That was about it for our month.  Let's pray February is a better one for us.

No comments: