Fat Tuesday and Valentines day were just a day a part this year.
Our Mardi Gras celebration was pretty low key (I had other things to plan and worry about and this one snuck up on me). The boys wore green in celebration and my mom pulled through again this year and sent us a YUMMY king cake. The boys didn't want to wait until after our southern, jambalaya dinner to have somee so we cut into it for snack time. The last TWO years, totally NOT rigged, Boston has bit into the baby. Pretty sure if this continues and next year when Hudson starts noticing this trend, we might have a battle on our hands. We completed our night with some of our FAVORITE jambalaya. Its one meal that the WHOLE family just devours (and Boston asks for more to have in his lunch the next day). Such a rare thing in our house.
HAPPY MARDI GRAS!
Valentines Day.
Oh Valentines Day.
This year, I continued a tradition I started LAST year and I'm thinking NEXT year we will do things differently. Starting February 1st, every morning the boys woke up to a little surprise in their Valentine's mailboxes. For some reason, this ended up being a big stress and cost WAY more then I had ever anticipated it to this year. Boston loves tradition this but next year, somehow we have GOT to scale it back.
Why is it so hard to come up with cheap, GOOD, BOY goodies that won't be thrown away in a week?
On Valentine's Day, I heart attacked Kent AND the boys. I made our Valentine's breakfast, red (pink) heart pancakes, and made a fun valentine's themed lunch for Boston to take to school.
You can't have Valentine's day without giving out cute Valentine's (thanks pinterest). Boston decided on these since we are a "bug" family (and I liked it since it was one less sweet). I also finally tasted GIGI's cupcakes and thought we should suck up to the teacher and get her a YUMMY red velvet cupcake.
All of us joined Boston for his school's Valentine's day party
We have had talks with Boston about how he always needs to stand up for his little brother and basically be "his brother's keeper" in life. This day in particular Boston did just that the WHOLE time. I know this may not last forever but he was SO proud to have Hudson there. He shared his food, introduced Hudson to his friends and even asked his friends to share some candy with his little bro.
Made this momma smile.
This year it was my turn to plan Valentine's Day (we rotate planning anniversary and valentine's). I made Kent a "favorite things" basket and since Kent has never had a massage, I surprised him with a couples massage that night.
I decided after that experience that we have GOT to schedule massages more often.
They are divine.
Kent and I were talking later at dinner about how we have now celebrated NINE Valentine's Days together. NINE!
Crazy how time flies.
It was also NINE years ago that Kent and I had our first kiss...
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
1 comment:
How sweet! Glad that you are establishing some wonderful traditions in your family! I love that Boston was being so kind to Hudson at his school. Yes, let's hope it lasts a very long time! There may be a few years that won't be the case. But they are starting off in a fantastic way! (BTW...You will have to talk your Dad into a couple's pedicure)
Post a Comment