Today we took both boys in for there checkups. Hudson is actually a month late for his since we had a lapse in coverage but oh well.
BOSTON (4):
Weight: 40 lbs 81%
Height: 40 1/2 in 56%
He got FOUR shots today and was so tough during it. Its alot different when your child realizes what is going on! That was a tough moment for me (and him)! We found out that this red bump on his thigh is staff. Hopefully we can get it cleared up soon! The doctor also imformed us Boston won't be quite as tall as Kent. Kent was a little disappointed at this but is STILL hoping he hits 6 feet!
Hudson (5 months):
Weight: 18.5 lbs 75%
Height: 26 in 39%
Head: 17 1/4 in 78%
Its funny because Boston weighed 17.3 at 4 months & 19.2 at 6 months. So Hudson is pretty much on the same track as Boston was weight wise BUT he does NOT look NEARLY has chunky as Boston did! Although, Boston was 26.5 inches at 6 months so maybe its the height? Who knows. They carry their pounds differently.
This picture cracks me up. Boston was getting ready for bed and while he was midway through pulling up his pants he decided to try to get in this shot with Hudson.
Hudson is growing and developing GREAT!! He is my TALKING baby. Boston was a very silent, serious, focused child. Hudson on the other hand talks, laughs, and smiles all the time. They already have VERY different personalities. His hair is growing back post shave and we are still uncertain whether he'll be blonde or brown. Its brown on top and blonde on the sides and still stands STRAIGHT up! We'll be anxiously awaiting the hair verdict! Hudson has found his toes and LOVES grabbing them when he eats (this is something Boston NEVER did).
He is drooling alot! I'm pretty sure we are getting some teeth because his gums are swollen, his nose is running, he's clingy, he's waking up in the middle of the night and my baby who NEVER has had problems sleeping is giving me a tough time on his naps. Here's to hoping those teeth break SOON!
Hudson is starting to sit up. We work on it every day and he's sitting up longer and longer each time.
Somehow this boy manages to get out of his swaddle. I use the "Swaddle Me" blanket which velcros him in but somehow when he sleeps he manages to wiggle out (and then usually wakes up wanting to be reswaddled).
I've started Hudson on rice cereal (hoping to help with his spit up) which he LOVES! He gets SO excited to eat it and opens up big and wide for his bites. His spit up issues are slowly fading. I feel the worst when he is sleeping & spits up in his crib. He'll wake up with his eyes all red and swollen. The doc said to put vaseline arond them so lets hope that helps! He's been rolling all over the house and then gets caught up on furniture and screams bloody murder for someone to come to his rescue. This boy is generally happy but he DEFINITELY has some pipes on him when he puts them to use. He loves to stand up big and tall and is as stiff as a board.
We love this kid and I seriously can NOT believe he's been in our family for only 5 months. I LOVE having two boys. I know this might sound silly but there is already a bond between them & I just hope they grow up to be the BEST of friends!
3 comments:
I am loving all those pictures you are taking!!! So fun. Hudson is getting so big. It's weird and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. And you're right, he definitely carries his weight differently than Boston does. You need to post a picture of Boston and Hudson at the same age side by side from each other so everyone can see the difference and then list their weight below it. =) That would be interesting to see.
Good for Boston for being so brave at the doctor's office. My girls still get a little shell shocked when they poke them.... luckily we have no more shots until they are 12!!!! yay!!
Can't wait to see you guys soon!!!
I can't believe how big they are both getting! Where does the time go? I also know what you mean about the boys having a special bond. Both boys light up like no other when they see or hear each other!
I LOVE this post! It's so good to hear all about the boys and especially little Hudson and see all these great pics of him! It's funny how different they are and it's nice you have record on this blog of both of them at this age to compare. I think it's great Hudson's hair is still sticking up as it's growing in! It's one of his cute little physical qualities that makes him so darn adorable! Sad about Boston and his shots!:( It's gotta be hard when they know what's coming but yet they try to be brave. All I have to say is your boys are BIG boys and I'll have to look back at Krew's stats at that age but I do remember when Krew turned 4 months he was just getting into 3-6 month clothes and Hudson is 5 months and is already in 6-12 months! CRAZY! I love the chubby babes though...SO FUN TO SQUISH!!
Post a Comment