PERKS OF H-TOWN!
One benefit (you won't hear of many) of living in Houston is that we only live 4 hrs from Baton Rouge so we can see family often and have quick weekend visits. Well that's what happened last weekend when my parents decided to hang out with us Labor Day weekend. My dad had some SWEET seats to the BYU vs OU game so he came Friday to Houston, left Saturday and drove to Dallas then came back that night before leaving Sunday evening. Crazy man he is!! BYU is his team and seriously, if you only KNEW how big of fan my dad is....its quite hilarious sometimes but we love him for it regardless. Especially after THAT win last week, I wish I would've fought harder for that 2nd ticket he had! Anyway, since dad was off in Dallas, mom and I decided to make the most of the short visit we had. Saturday (BEFORE the games) we took Boston to Oil Ranch which I've been DYING to take him too FOREVER! It really was a fun little place and I must say, I'm pretty sure my son had a fabulous time as well! Thanks Mimi!
He rode a horse for the FIRST time....L.O.V.E.D.!
Possibly one of Bubba's FAVORITE parts was the train ride. This boy LOVES trains! He was literally on cloud nine the WHOLE time!
We got to meet Betsy the cow and see her pump out some milk. We tried to explain that that's where Bubba's milk comes from but I'm pretty sure he didn't necessarily grasp that concept....
Boston got to play in the haystacks (in the back of my mind I kept thinking that at ANY moment mice were going to come running out EVERYWHERE).
Lastly, we went on a tractor ride to feed the cows. These cows were FAT (probably almost ready to hit the slaughter house) and wanting to get as much food from you as POSSIBLE!!
Their tongues were long and black and they had snot/drool stuff coming out everywhere. It was interesting none the less but FUN!
I look 12 in this picture...ANYWAY...
It was VERY fun and we'll definitely be going back (this time WITH our stroller) in the fall when they have their pumpkin patch.
We of course finished up the day with watching college football! Sunday, we headed to church and then later that evening my parents bailed and headed back to Louisiana. It was quick but it was fun and Boston absolutely loves, loves, LOVES having his Mimi and Papa come visit. It seriously cracks me up how excited he gets! COME BACK SOON!
3 comments:
wow that place looks like so much fun! and having family close at all is so nice!
Aww so cute!! Isabel misses her Boston in her life just so you know!! You need to take us to that place next time we come to town!!
That looks like so much fun, but very HOT! That is one thing I don't miss. =)
Why haven't you taken us there? ;) We'll have to go there the next time we come down.
Post a Comment