THE BEGINNING OF A BUSY, YET FUN, JUNE!
Waaaaay back at the end of May, Kristin trekked down to Houston for a week's stay before we headed together with the kids down to Baton Rouge. I'm really going to have to refresh my memory of what we did for a week's time. I do know FOR SURE that we shopped and spent more money than either of our husband's really wanted us to yet surprisingly I think they expected that and weren't upset about it! We also visited with Uncle Mike, Aunt Jill and the girls and Sis. Nena sometime during the trip.
Kristin came bearing gifts for Boston! He absolutely LOVES, LOVES, LOVES his new "DUNK!" and literally plays with it the majority of our day. Although, I WILL say he was NOT very good at sharing with Charlie. You know, apparently he's a little THREATENED by boys SMALLER than him!
We took the kids swimming a few times. Rylee and Sophie LOVE the pool and could probably stay in ALL day if we let them. We also made a day trip down to Galveston to Stewart Beach...yes, 2 moms and 4 kids to the SANDY beach! We had a cooler filled with drinks that bottomed out when we were carrying it, we had NO IDEA how to set up our umbrella so we just GHETTO rigged it, and we had to keep a MAJOR eye out for jellyfish that were EVERYWHERE!!! But overall the kids LOVED it and I can NEVER complain when getting a chance to add a little color to my skin!!! Kristin and I also both FORGOT how annoying sand is! It gets into EVERYTHING!!! The kids were eating fruit, chips, sandwiches ALL of which had a nice sandy crunch to them. Luckily the kids didn't mind...only Kristin and I did.



I look so PALE in this picture and I don't know why because at the time I actually had some color to my skin.....so I thought!



If you look closely you can see the handfuls of SAND Boston thought would be fun to put ontop of his head!
Pals on occasions...enemies a minute later!
We ended up bailing out of Houston a day early for Baton Rouge. I think the neighbors downstairs probably REALLY appreciated that (yes, we did have a few encounters over the week but Kent, being the man that he is, went down and said a few words and got it resolved...I think the lady was a little scared. Since then, we haven't heard a PEEP from them...okay minus their 6:30 am wake up calls with their BLARING music!).
Anyway, that's our Houston rendezvous in a nutshell. Next to come:
BATON ROUGE....SWEET BATON ROUGE!!!





3 comments:
Awesome pictures, Awesome memories, Awesome time! That whole trip was so much fun.....CRAZY....
but fun.
Sorry if Boston picked up any bad habits from my children while he was around us for 3 weeks. We sure do miss him.
You took some good pictures too. I'll be stealing a couple of them for my blog. =) Thanks.
And thanks for putting up with us for so long. I guess if you never want to do it again, then I know why, right? =D
ahaha!!! I just keep thinking about that beach experience too. AAAH, do you think we'll ever do that again without any help? Probably not, which is why we'll be doing Seaside WITH our husbands and we'll have them do all the hard work that we had to do this last time. =D
Oh and I appoligize for making you think that there were 2 comments from people (now 3) but really they have all been from me. =) I knew you'd like that.
Post a Comment