This cold is about DRIVING me nuts! I'm freezing ALL the time! For the first week it was fun to watch all the snow fall daily but now I'm ready for it all to be gone! Yes, we haven't had snow in a week but living up here and having 5 feet of snow to melt away takes awhile and on top of THAT it's still bone chilling COLD!!!!! Kent and I had an argument last night because he wants to keep the heat on 68 to keep our bill from being too high! If I had it MY way, it'd be at 70-72! So I told him we'd keep it at 69 during the day and turn it to 68 a night. Apparently he feels ONE degree is going to make THAT much of a difference and I'm sure too that one degree isn't going to make the house THAT much warmer but still....I woke up this morning and the heat was turned to 69=) I love that guy!
So because of all this coldness I'm ready to head to Houston for the summer and I'm okay with heading down early!!!! I already feel like January has really been an accumulation of TWO months and it's STILL the middle of the month! Why does cold weather seem to go by SOOO slow and warm sunny weather seems like it goes by like THAT! I'm ready to lay in the sun, swim in the pool, wear shorts and flip-flops, eat a snowcone, crank up the AC, and sit on the porch grilling hamburgers and steaks! April can't get here fast enough! Kent and I need to take a vaca for a month to Mexico in the meantime...
AHHH!!!!

5 comments:
Karlee, you need to come back to Texas, it was 70 degrees today!
I hate the cold too! That's why I moved to Texas. When it gets below 60 I think I'm freezing to death. I could never handle our thermastat at 68 either.
Oh my gosh I feel the same way you do Karlee. I hate the freakin cold too. I am so happy that in Virginia here there is more mild weather. It's been kinda cold here but in a couple days 57 degree's isn't too bad. I think I have hated cold weather for as long as I can remember. In Idaho I would hate the cold we much!! I think we are done Dental school we will go to Arizona or Nevada, yah for warm weather. Hold on just a little longer and have fun in Houston :)
Girl, we are in the same boat! Josh and I was commenting today that this has been one of the colder winters we have had. I will also try to stop complaining about my house being cold because I keep it between 70-72! But you know how us Southern people are! We are not made for this! We might catch a chill!
I totally know where your coming from! We have an ice path all the way up to our front door! Jared and I have the same problem with the thermostat, but I am able to get it to about 78 at night (to keep Kylia warm of course) and 68 durning the day. Jared and I are thinking about taking the fall off and staying an extra semester down in San Antonio. I need a break from all this school stuff!
Post a Comment