This year for Christmas my grandparents asked us to do acts of service instead of giving gifts. So of course we had to honor their wishes and get to work! So this post is mainly for them.
A few days before Christmas we headed down to the Baton Rouge Food Bank. Since hurricane Gustav hit there has been a shortage of food in Louisiana. I don't remember exactly how the whole process happened but the church ended up donating $25,000 worth of food to the food bank. So where do we come in? They needed help getting it all sorted and boxed up to give to other churches in the area who need to give to their needy. The one church that has food coming from us is a church called Bethany who had really given our church a difficult time when the temple was coming in to be built. Maybe one day they can welcome us and realize we're not such a threat as they seem to feel....kill 'em with kindess! I just thought that little piece of info was interesting...
So here are a few pictures of us going to work. It really was a fun morning and I can't BELIEVE how many families will be getting food. I can't remember how many boxes we did but I know it was over 200! Why is it that when you are serving others you always feel happier and you seem to forget all about yourself?!?
On another note, I needed to add that my dad took all the boys down to the Sugar Bowl this year. Who was playing? ALABAMA VS. UTAH!!! Give you some history for those of you who don't know, but LSU's former coach Nick Sabin left LSU for a better offer in the NFL for the Dolphins even though he was treated like a GOD at LSU. Long story short, he blew as an NFL coach and is now back coaching at Alabama. So, all LSU fans officially DESPISE this man so much so that you found my dad (THE BIGGEST BYU FAN ALIVE) sporting THIS gear to the bowl game:


Okay, I can't blame it ALL on Sabin (although we DEFINATELY were ALL pulling for Utah) because my brother-in-law Brandon is a HUGE HUGE HUGE Utah fan so I guess you can say my dad was supporting the fam! I know he'll KILL me for posting this photo for fear that some of his BYU buddies will see but I can't resist! Sorry dad!
The good news is UTAH WON and the boys had a GREAT time! Kent said it was the BEST football game he'd ever been too! Dad took them out to Nicky Brennan's for an early dinner where Kent OF COURSE came back and BRAGGED about how it was the most delicous steak he'd ever tasted, WHATEVER!

Luckily, all the girls decided we'd get a sitter and have a girl's night out on daddy! We got oh so delicious food (maybe not QUITE as good as the boys but it was still pretty dang good) and saw MARLEY AND ME which I CRIED and CRIED in! All my thoughts of getting rid of Stella have now made me feel aweful and made me LOVE her SOO MUCH MORE....and possibly made me want to get another one...shh!!!!! GO SEE IT!
Thanks mom and dad for the great evening for us ALL!



3 comments:
That all sounds like so much fun! Remember when I was saying that i would Give Camden away to the right family if they came a long?.....Ya well.....I won't! After Watching Marley and Me, I will NEVER give him away! I balled even after the movie was over! I am retarded....I know! But it was SOOO GOOD huh? I think the fact that Marley looked liked camden just added that much more to my love of the movie! I think Camden might be naughtier though......
wow Mitch is SOOOOOO jealous, I told him that your dad took the boys to the game and he was like those are awesome teams and would be a great game to go to! How cool! I need to go see Marley and me, everyone has said it is really good and that it is a crier.
hey i was wondeering when u guys were getting here. we have to get together. brady and my brothers and dad went to the game too! brady said it was the funnest game he's ever been to also. that's funny!
Post a Comment