- I've mentioned in a previous post Kent and mine's argument over the temp of the house. I will be the first to admit that we're very weird in our relationship. I'm cold during the day and want the heat UP while he wants it to stay DOWN. When we get in the car, I'm bundled up in a coat and long sleeves FREEZING with the heater on FULL blast until Kent in his short sleeves NO coat (he waits to put it on until AFTER he gets out of the car) drops the hint to turn down the heat by unrolling the window and sticking his head out for cold air! Then at night, we are total opposite, I sleep with the quilt that Kent HATES because he says it doesn't keep him warm enough. I point the fan directly on me on me while Kent pulls up the down comforter and stays bundled up all night with which I HATE having on me because I break out in a sweat in the middle of the night if the slightest bit of down is on me! Weird I know, it can't be explained. So I walk into the bedroom a few days ago and this is how Kent made the bed:
- On another note, I have a problem. We have been enforcing timeout much more since we've been here in Utah when we bought our "timeout chair." Well lately Boston has been SCREAMING as loud as he can then when I look at him, he's starts smiling. This drives me NUTS! So the timeout chair has had to come into action a few times. Boston screamed one evening and I gave him his warning. He then followed it up with another LOUD scream to which I responded, "Okay, let's go sit in timeout!" I guess in my head I'm thinking he'd be somewhat upset about this but instead he just marched right on over to timeout with a smirk on his face. I set the timer and I looked over to this:
YEP! That's a smile on his face!! He was sitting swinging his feet and smiling....some good THAT does! Although I will say, since this incident, we haven't used the timeout chair ONE TIME for screaming! Maybe it worked?
- Last bit of randomness for today is to brag on my husband for a second. He's been SOO great lately with Boston and I just wanted to give him a quick shout out! They are always playing together and Kent has been so good about taking care of him while I've been gone for most of the day a few times as well as taking care of laundry and cleaning! The other day I heard Kent trying to sing some primary songs (kinda butchering them but hey, he was trying) out of a little book my Grandma Bennett had made for Boston. I go in and Boston and Kent are laying on the floor looking at the pictures while Kent was trying to sing the songs! SWEET DAD! Boston LOVES his Dad and seriously copies EVERYTHING he does! The funniest is when Kent lays on the floor throwing balls up and catching them and Boston will hurry, grab a ball, and lay down beside Kent and try to do the same (even though he struggles at making it go straight up and come straight down...it's okay though sometimes his daddy isn't that good at it either=)).
P.S. If you look closely at this picture, you will notice that Boston has NO snow pants! I guess I was CRAZY to think we could purchase his snow gear AFTER Christmas but I guess they decide to put out all the spring clothes in January(?) and there is absolutely NO snow pants or snow coats around! A little crazy and a little annoying, yes I know!




4 comments:
Lol at your bed!!! And then I was like...wait KENT made the bed? Well-trained! HA!! I have taken to bring BLANKETS in the car with me because I am always freezing. I pretend like they are for B sometimes, but they aren't, they are for me! Boston is getting so big I can't even believe it. I love ya'lls new little family picture you have by your profile. Adorable!
LOL, seriously you are hilarious, your post made me laugh. Josh and I are the same way. I am always so cold and he is always so hot. I even have to wear my coat here in VA and it was 56 degree's today :) Boston is getting so big and he is just the cutest little guy ever!! Take care.
So Jordan did the same thing with his timeout chair, that is why it is in the closet under the stairs and only comes out when it is needed! His new thing is fighting against sitting in the chair! He squirms and arches his back trying to get out so I might need to find something new!
I LOVE this post! Boston spending so much fun time with his daddy! I LOVE IT! I also just cracked up at the photo of Boston in timeout. How funny is he! Little stinker! I'm sure it was hard to keep a straight face so he would know you are serious about this when he was smiling and kicking his feet :)
Post a Comment