I know this isn't the BEST shot of the show for the night at the Richardson's for New Years but it kinda shows the professional show we get every year! We always go out for GREAT food and company every New Years. They cook up some MEAN jambalaya (along with a million other delicious things) that I miss so much since being away from Louisiana. You just don't get that kinda stuff up north! Anyway, it was a great night to end 2008 and start 2009!
Huh? I'm okay mom!
Waiting for the firework show! That's Sophie asleep in Kristin's arms not Charlie, he's not THAT big! Boston started out a little uneasy from the loud popping of the fireworks but he calmed down once it stayed consistent.
We were planning on going home that evening to finish off some fireworks at my parents house but because of the 24 hour flu bug that was hitting everyone in the house and probably because of our old age we fell asleep before midnight...well I guess I fell asleep after we watched the DVRed Chik-fil-a Bowl where LSU put the smack down on George Tech!!! I don't know how late everyone else stayed up, all I know is I woke up around 1:15 am asleep on the game room floor with no one else around. APPARENTLY SOMEONE FORGOT TO WAKE HIS WIFE UP TO GO TO BED! Okay, okay, he said he tried but the flu was just starting to hit me and he said I didn't want to move. Plus I can't be too mad at the guy because I decided to go get comfy in my bed and I ended up waking up again around 2:45 feeling the need to vomit and it was one of those INSTANT feelings where I didn't have time to make to the toilet. Basically it kinda came out all over the floor. I know this is gross but Kent said he woke up to the splatter of my throw up on the floor and rushed to my aid and cleaned it all up. WHAT A GUY! Okay, enough of that. I'm starting to feel nauseous remembering it!
Anyway, so I didn't finish ringing in the New Year too well but earlier in the evening it was GREAT!!! Thanks Richardson's for a great time!
As for my New Year's Resolution, well this year I decided on just one. There are MANY things I need to work on but if I focus on this specific one, hopefully everything else will fall into place behind it. Before I list this years, I'm proud to say that after going back and looking at last year's resolutions, I actually fulfilled them....kinda:
1. Save more spend less.
2. Lose the remaining pregnancy weight and get back to my weight when I first got married.
3. Cook more and eat out less.
I slacked a little in the getting back to my weight when we first got married but I will say I lost all my pregnancy weight and then a few extra pounds. Maybe it was just all that muscle I gained at the gym....anyway, no worries because plan P90X is in motion (a post for another day)!
So on to my resolution for this year, it's probably a little more personal but since I actually wrote my resolutions down last year, I'm pretty sure it helped so that's why I'm doing it again.
2009 NEW YEARS RESOLUTION:
*WORK ON MYSELF*-this comes in a lot of different aspects that I'm not going to expound on but I will say that I've learned that you can't be totally happy in life unless you are happy with yourself. Yeah...that's probably all I want to say about that.
HAPPY 2009 EVERYONE!!!





9 comments:
I am so glad you guys are doing well, and very happy we have not caught the flu bug here yet. Ever since I have had kids I get it every year and it seems to be worse each time. Your New Years Resolution sounds a lot like mine. We are going to try to save too this year and as far as the baby weight goes...I am confident that you will lose it before I do. =)
Boston is getting so stinking big! He looks more like a little person than a toddler!
Anyways, good job on keeping up with new year's resolutions, I don't think I have ever looked back to see if I accomplished any, let alone remembered them!
p90x has been kicking my butt!! I admit, I didn't do it last night. Brett was hogging my TV with the dvd player and he is sick so I didn't kick him out...(good enough excuse? not really but I WILL do it today). Are ya'll doing the diet too? We aren't but should. I am trying to just cook better in general.
ha! that sucks that you got sick on new years- but your still cooler than us because we didn't stay till midnight and there was no vomit excuse. I totally want to do p90x everytime I see the commercial. not till i have this kid though. You'll have to let me know how it goes
Karlee!
I've seen your blog before through Leanne and Craig's but I know who yall are! It's so cute! Funny you mention it, but Mike, Brandon & Amilyn Tingle, and myself are about 1 1/2 weeks into p90x! I'm finally past the soreness part! Good Luck with everything!!
So basically, My resolution is very similar. There are quite a few things I want to work on about me. After watching Oprah's best life, I pretty much am having a 'total makeover'. Good luck with yours, and congrats and accomplishing last years. I don't even remember mine last year....... Obviously didnt accomplish it!
are you p90xing??
Funny post about P90x! I need to start so I can not embarrass myself this summer. Eric and I had ad great time with yall on game night...I am almost up to one pull up by the way!
Post a Comment