Saturday, July 26, 2008

14 MONTHS AND STILL GROWING!

Kent says Boston looks gay in this picture but I was trying to keep him entertained in our car ride yesterday! Boston thought it was funny but had the glasses riped off in 2 seconds..he's a boy!

On Thursday Boston officially turned 14 months! WOW! I can NOT believe that I have a little boy that old! He is doing so much so quickly now that I'd thought I'd write down a quick update of my little man because you know he's changing every day!


  • Will give you five although he doesn't usually just slap hands once, he does it like 4 times.
  • When you ask for kisses, Boston puts his head down so you can kiss his forehead. Hopefully he'll do that too when he's older and girls are trying to kiss him!
  • He knows what a cow, duck, snake, lion, fish, cat, dog, and sheep say (lion and cat are my personal favorite).
  • He has started saying "Uh oh!" but doesn't always say it when it's necessary.
  • If Boston wants something and can't do it by himself, he'll come over, grab my hand and direct me to what he wants (LOVE IT!)
  • Stella is Boston's FAVORITE toy! He LOVES to bring her her toys and tries to get her to play tug-a-war with him although generally Stella never has interest in him so he brings the rope to me to get me to play with her which usually she will fall for while Boston just sits on my lap and laughs! He also thinks it's funny to have Stella lick his fingers while he's in his high chair (GROSS I know!) and secretly slip Stella food when I'm not watching...smart boy!
  • He has learned to say "Stella" although it sounds more like "WELL-WAH!" (that is capitalized with an exclamation point because he always YELLS it...probably because Kent and I are always yelling her name!) This is his FAVORITE thing to say and says it ALL the time!
  • Other words that Boston says besides mama and dada are duck, cat, dog, more
  • Boston can show you where his head is (which is also one of my favorite things). When Boston watches one of his Baby Einstein DVD's they say "bed" and it never fails that every time Boston starts to pat his HEAD! Can't quite distinguish the two yet!
  • He is a VERY persistent boy who always wants to know what's going on around him. If he hears us doing something in the other room, he'll come peek and see what it is, if he's interested he stinks around, if not he's out! 99.9% of the time he's interested!
  • He has learned how to climb up on the kitchen chairs...I'm sure just the beginning of many climbing adventures!
  • LOVES to laugh and me while I over dramatically lip sync to songs...especially Celine Deon! Oh if there were only a hidden camera to catch our crazy moments when no one else is around!
  • We always have to make sure the front door is locked because Boston has officially escaped 3 times because he can officially open the door!

We love our little man and are soo excited about his progress everyday! It seems like within the past month he's changed so much and I'm sure over the next month he will be changing that much more! Every time I see him I just want to squeeze him and smother him with kisses!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I love to hear about all the cute stuff! How much fun, I can't believe he's that old and even saying words, wow I'm impressed!

critts said...

And he's such a cutie to boot! I love that he knows all those animal sounds. So so cute.

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

So Boston totally looks like Bono! I love that picture of him. He's sooo cute and I can't believe all the things he is doing now. The one that makes me laugh the most is when and how he says STELLA! That is definetly hilarious and I would love to hear him do that. Do you think he would do it if I called you on the phone so i could hear it?!

Mom said...

He is growing up WAY TOO FAST! I believe I warned you about that and now there is no turning back. Just continue to enjoy all these precious moments with him and smother him with lots of kisses!