If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more reverently,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
He is always near me, though I do not see Him there
And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care,
So I'll be the kind of person that I know I'd like to be,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.
This is now my favorite song the primary kids sing! I learned this for girl's camp when I was in high school and I LOVED it and when the primary kids learned it this year, I was SOOO happy! Hearing these children sing this song brings tears to my eyes everytime they sing it! I now sing this song to Boston every night because I love it so much!

9 comments:
This sounds beautiful! I wish that I had the music for it...it's not in the children's songbook, darn! Do you know how I can get my hands on it?!
Haha..nevermind!! I found it! Yay!
I am in primary too and i also love that song...Also I love the story below about the present you found in Bostons crib. I was dying laughing...its only the beginning of dealing with a lot of crap! HA!
I love this song too. Although there are those songs that no matter how hard you try when you see the littlest primary kids singing it so loudly it just makes you cry. I was the chorister for primary and needless to say I cried a lot I miss that calling!But this song is also good for adults too, its something we should all think about!
Jack has a little primary sing-a-long DVD and it has this song. I LOVE IT! It has the sweetest words.
This too is one of my favorite songs. We actually sang it in choir recently. Do me a favor and email me you and Kents email addresses so I can invite you to our blog. treetheshee@yahoo.com. Glad to see you guys today!
I love this song too but I had never heard it until we learned it in Primary this year. It honestly runs through my head all the time. What a great song to teach Boston!
Thanks for the comment and yes, Kristin's girls DO have the same dress...she is always inspiring Livi's wardrobe, but I would like to say in this instance, I was the one inspiring! ;) (It doesn't EVER happen, so I have to take the credit ONCE in a while!!) Hope that you had a BLAST on the 4th, but I'm sure that you did!
pick up the blogging! I need more blogs to read!
Post a Comment