Saturday, July 26, 2008

MY MOVIE REVIEW:
Surprisingly I feel like I have seen quite a few movies lately! A few were rentals but I've also been able to go catch a few on the BIG SCREEN the past month of so. I thought I'd share my thoughts on these movies with you and let you know what I have thought...
LOVED this movie! I didn't really think I would to be honest but Kent and I rented it last night and it was one of those feel good movies that makes you want to do all you can in life before you die. It really got me thinking about the important things in life and what matters most. It got Kent and I thinking about life when we're older...Who will die first? Would we want to know when we're going to die? etc. Sounds depressing probably now that I'm writing about this but really it's NOT a depressing movie AT ALL!
**A MUST SEE**
HILARIOUS! Can I just say that I didn't know it was a musical on Broadway until like the day before! Now I don't know if Meryl Streep is really singing OR Pierce Brosnan (and if they are they definately DO NOT have the BEST voices) but regardless it was entertaining! I couldn't help but SING "MAMA MIA...HERE WE GO AGAIN!" over the past few days! Kiers and I were laughing all throughout this movie!
**A MUST SEE**
L-O-V-E IT!!! Kent and I went and saw this the night it opened and it was COMPLETELY WORTH IT! AHH! Favorite movie in a LONG LONG TIME! Heath Ledger=A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! "Do you wanna know how I got these scars?" Every night since we've seen it, I tell Kent I want to go see it again that night! HA! I can't get ENOUGH! I've got to see it again in the theatre! This is one that you MUST see in the theatre...I think we're going to go revisit it at the Imax next because apparently it was made for the Imax?
**A DEFINATELY MUST SEE!**
POLITICAL therefore resulting in me not caring too much. They had some funny parts but this movie to me was built up much more than what it actually was. There was NO talking until the end and that in itself was weird. He's a cute little robot..."EEEVA!" But that's about the only thing he could say! Plus it bugs that everything has to be about politics now especially in a children's movie...UGH!
TOTALLY worth seeing this twice! I watched this in Fairfax when I went to visit Amanda and then I made Kent watch it when I got home. This is such a motivational, uplifting movie. It kind of makes you ashamed of how us as white americans treated blacks back in those days...I just can't understand it.
**A MUST SEE MOVIE**
So those are my thoughts on it all! Take it or leave it!

1 comment:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

So out of all those movies I have only seen 2 of them. Sad, i know. But we did see Batman last night and it was AMAZING! I definetly want to see it again. And now I know exactly what you mean in your blog when you say "You wanna know how I got these scars?" Heath did fabulous. I couldn't believe it. And I can totally see why they say he will be nominated for an emmy!