What was a trip to New Orleans to take the kids to the Children's Museum turned into a 3 hour car around, with NO children's museum visit and instead a few last minute change in plans to make our time down in New Orleans fun and useful for the kids! Unfortunately, while driving down there, we missed our exit. If you've been to N.O. you know it's not always easy to find streets because they cut off and start back up again in the most random places. Well, since we missed our exit we headed over to the Westbank (very SCARY!) and were lost trying to find our way FOREVER!!!! My mom for some reason didn't have an updated map with certain streets on it which didn't help the situation PLUS I'm a 21st century girl who is used to GPS NOT a paper map! Terrible, I know! We called my dad but after much struggle with trying to get his help, we finally remembered that my new and improved phone could help us get there!!! Modern day technology is the best thing! So we eventually found our way, just 3 hrs later then expected! Wanna know the funniest part? As we park, I go to put the map back in the glove box and I notice my dad's GPS in my mom's car!!!!! It was there the WHOLE TIME!! AH! That would have been useful to have...
Anway, since we were so late getting there, it was too late to go to the Children's Museum and we instead got a bite to eat at Hard Rock and then treated the kids (and ourselves) to a carriage ride around New Orleans (which is VERY OVER priced) but it was actually VERY enjoyable aside from the fact that you could hardly understand our driver because of his STRONG New Orleans accent! Even though we didn't get to do our original plans, we still had a great time topped with a little Cafe Du Monde! Thanks mom for the GREAT day! 

Before the crazy adventure
Look how RED Boston's face is! It was SOO hot but the kids pulled through...as long as the driver kept going and didn't stop the carriage!
Funny how those girls standing in front of Cafe Du Monde are matching the sign!
Taking this trip down to New Orleans makes me miss the south! I would LOVE to own a condo in downtown New Orleans some day, but then again I don't know if I want any drunkerds coming and banging on my door at 3 in the morning! While we were down there during the day you could LITERALLY SMELL the alcohol on people who were 10 ft away from you! It's CRAZY down there!






6 comments:
Karlee, I'm sorry you felt like the West Bank was scary. I live in Algiers (on the West Bank!) and wouldn't trade it for the world. It's the community that I grew up in, have raised my kids in and where I live next door to family on one side and friends on the other. Please don't let a missed exit sour you on an entire area that truly is terrific!
What a fun trip! I can't believe you had a GPS the whole time and didn't know it! I depend entirely too much on my GPS for directions these days. Glad you had fun!
So I was looking at Ciara's pictures and I think it IS the exact same car seat. I am so lame!
Ah the memories! That was a fun and entertaining afternoon. We do have to give a shout out to mom! What a trooper. I sure do love her.
And that picture of all the cousins together....Charlie looks like he just wants to jump off of Rylee's lap and get the heck outta there!
Getting lost in New Orleans is scary! i am glad you had a good time. I have really come to love New Orleans and so happy to call it my home.
I think the day started out as a "lemon" and we were able to make "lemonade". It was a very warm and sultry Louisiana day. But we were able to make some wonderful memories and have a few laughs at ourselves. Plus the kids were pretty patient considering. Now I just need to get copies of ya'lls pictures for my album.
Post a Comment