Sunday, January 06, 2008

CHRISTMAS ON THE BAYOU!!!



Okay, so I haven't been on here to blog in FOREVER it seems! I have alot to blog about so prepare yourselves! I just downloaded all the pictures from the past few weeks onto my computer and I KNOW I'm going to have to pick and choose which ones to put on here because it will take FOREVER to post AND I'm sure everyone will get COMPLETELY bored! But I decided to get started tonight while Kent is playing XBOX (I should be sleeping since I have been down and out sick for the past 4 days since we got home but OH WELL!!)


I guess I'll start from the beginning. Since both our families are in Louisiana we always go back there (for now) for Christmas. The whole family on both sides always get together this time of year. Can you image how busy we are?!? Let's just say it's NEVER a vacation for us when we go in town. We are just running back and forth visiting friends and family trying to satisfy everyone with not much of a break. But hey it's fun and it's worth it!
Every year on my mom's side of the family, instead of giving presents we all donate money and rotate finding a family in our hometown area to give a Christmas to. This year was our family's turn! I LOVE doing this because it's truly what Christmas is all about! It's so humbling to see a family with nothing get something well deserved. So on Christmas Eve we all went over and Chad and Kent acted as "Santa's Helpers" and brought in the gifts (we didn't want any of them to recongnize us). They didn't get to see them open the presents but they said the 6 kids were SO happy to have presents for Christmas! What a warm feeling this leaves you inside!

Leaving to go deliver the gifts--mom and dad wouldn't turn around!

The families little house

Christmas Eve it is a tradition in my house ever since I can remember to open ONE present under the tree. Mom ALWAYS got to pick which one and somehow it was ALWAYS pajamas! I LOVE this tradition and plan on carrying it out with my family--although Kent doesn't even wear pajama pants so we compromise and give him basketball shorts which he NEVER turns down! SO Boston got his FIRST SET of Christmas PJ's this year (it was also his FIRST PRESENT EVER to open!)


Christmas Eve we went over to Grandma Carol's house and enjoyed dinner and visiting with family. Jeff and Kelly and the kids flew in from Maryland too! It was fun to sit around and hang out with family and see all the grandkids play with each other!
"Santa" presents!
Look how HAPPY the lil guy is with all his new toys!

We spent Christmas morning at Mimi's and Papa's (my parents)! I was SOO excited to shop for Boston's first Christmas and Kent and I finally reached a compromise on how much to spoil him on his "Santa presents." I know he probably won't remember ANY of it BUT this IS my first child! Boss also of course got spoiled with lots of toys/outfits from family--he was laying down taking a nap through half of it.
Boston's FIRST football! Papa gave Boston this picture with his name in the LSU jersey (he tried to get BYU but I guess they don't make them)! I LOVE IT! Can you tell we want our son to be a football player..?!

Kent was in charge of stocking stuffers this year and thought this was SOO clever!
All the aunts and uncles pitched in when Kent and I came across this great find while shopping! It was a big surprise that we built up for about a month and hopefully the girls will enjoy this fun little toy...somehow Chad managed to fit everything INCLUDING THIS into their car!
This is Kent being Kent showing us how long one of the shirts my dad gave him was!

Later that afternoon, we went to Grandma Carol's for MORE presents where Boston got spoiled again! Sorry I don't have any pictures of this, I forgot my camera...I'M VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS! Anway, it's always fun for the grandkids to get together and play. On the Hooper side there are 3 grandkids close to Boston's age (all girls!). Boston is the youngest but it's fun to see how much they've grown and are developing and what I have to look forward with Boston in the next few months PLUS when the get to be a little bit older they can all play together!
Christmas was good to us this year and I'm always glad that we get to go back to Louisiana to spend this time of year with both sides of our family. I hope everyone else had as great of Christmas as we did!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Alright, I am so glad that you posted, since your silly sister is WAY behind!! anyway, I loved all the pictures and the blog..and the girls DO love the jumper (and so do Livi & Spencer ;-) Oh, can I just say that Boston is so CUTE!! What a stud...

The Heaton's said...

i was wondering when you were going to post! i have been checking everyday. i love the christmas pictures. the tradition of picking a family to do christmas for is so wonderful! it looks like you had a great christmas (and someone should have bought kent some pants to go with his really long shirt, or at least some tights ;)

Cardon Family said...

it looks like you guys had so much fun during christmas! Boss is getting so big....isn't it so fun to see them so excited! And it only gets better as they get older! Doug is the same way with pajamas!...he never never never wears pajama pants...its either workout clothes of some sort or nothing at all!!:)