Saturday, July 11, 2015

boston turns 8

Boston has been looking forward to his birthday for a long time! Turning 8 is a pretty big deal around here.
Since it's an even year, Boston got to have a "friend" party.  He requested a laser tag birthday party.  Simple enough (especially in the midst of the move).
 The friend list went from 10 to 18.  Since we were moving, I didn't fight it and just went with it.  Thankfully, not all 18 showed up and it was more like 15 (I know still not much of a difference). 
After a couple rounds of laser tag, some pizza, some video gaming, cake and ice cream and opening gifts, I would call it a successful birthday party.  This boy is lucky to have such good buddies.
 Sunday was his actually birthday.  More celebrating!  He really wanted to open a couple of presents before church and since the birthday boy gets what he wants on his birthday, we let him open a couple.
 He's officially 8!  I can't even believe it.
 Seriously, this picture is for the books.
 After church, we opened the rest of his presents
 Boston is not a "toy" boy.  As he's getting older, he's liking them less and less which makes it harder and harder to shop for him.  You can't just go to Toys-R-Us any more.  Christmas is really going to be a challenge. 
 Since it was Sunday, we didn't go out for the usual birthday meal.  Instead, we stayed in and Boston choose frozen Costco pizza.  Easy enough for me.
 I got smart this year and didn't worry about a second cake.  Instead, there was still plenty of birthday cake from his party left over.  He didn't seem to mind.
 We finished his birthday going to celebrate Brooke!  She left on a mission to Spain so we went to say our finally farewells to one of our FAVORITE babysitters.  We sure do love her and are SO proud of her!  Can't wait to see her when she gets home in 18 months.  Spain is lucky to have her.
Boston said his birthday weekend was the greatest which means we did it right. 
 I'm so proud of that kid and the little guy he has turned into so far. 
 8 years FLEW by just like that!

No comments: