Saturday, July 11, 2015

2nd grade play

This play seemed like it was MONTHS in the making.  In March, Boston got his lines for the play.  He was a camp blogger and had them all memorized in a day.  That kid has an amazing memory.  As the play got closer, he would come home singing the songs, repeating his lines and even came home a few other times with more lines Mrs. Stelly (music teacher) decided to give him. 
I wasn't quite clear on what the play was all about besides summer camp, blogging and spider costumes that I had helped make (basically I just helped stuff spider arms).  So after a few months of this I was beyond ready to see what this final production was going to turn out like.
 It was adorable.  These 2nd grade kids were SO excited to present this play and it was quite entertaining (especially when certain kids got WAY into it).
 Boston nailed his lines and as a bias mom, he was the best blogger. 
I must say, I did get a tad emotional thinking that Boston's days at Birkes were numbered at this point.  All the friends, parents, and teachers we had made over the years were ones we wouldn't be seeing anymore.  I'm not one who always loves change.  But I really am just grateful for all these people we met while at Birkes.  Love that school.

No comments: