Tuesday, March 17, 2015

basketball

Basketball season ended in February.  Boston REALLY, REALLY developed a love for the game more so then previous years. 
I think he especially grew a strong love for it when we decided to get him a little more private training on the side.  Once a week he goes to a retired European basketball player for an hour to help develop his skills.  From dribbling, shooting, behind the back, under the leg and more, Boston has gotten SO much better. 
He LOVES it and when he was asked who is favorite basketball player was, he instantly replied "DANTE!"--his basketball skills coach.
 Meanwhile, we had games too.  Boston keeps accurate record of how many shots he made each game and kept track of their win/loss CONSTANTLY.  He even tried to remember other team's records to help debate how they will match up against that team.  It's quite entertaining and blows my mind that boys can remember all this information about players and team stats.
 I slacked BAD in the picture department this year.  Holding a baby each game can be quite distracting.  Not only did I slack on pictures but the ones I DID take weren't that great like this one for instance....Boston shot, made it, I snapped the picture and the ref stood in my way.  I didn't manage to get another picture the rest of the game. 
 The Celtics finished 6-4. 
We had such a fun group of boys who are all good buddies.  Kent and Boston's best friend's dad, Jason, helped coach.  It was also pretty amusing watching the dads get so into it at times.  Sometimes I wonder who is more competitive with it all...the players or the dads coaching!
Boston decided to continue basketball training even though basketball is over.  He said he preferred doing that then starting up baseball.  Apparently, baseball is his least favorite sport and moves to slow for him so we'll stick to basketball training for now. 
No games on Saturdays and only ONCE a week practice....SOLD!
Oh. And Hudson thinks he can ball with the pro's.


No comments: