Back in early April, I was talking to Kari and had found out her pregnancy had taken a turn for the worst (yes, she is pregnant---yay!). She was terribly sick, couldn't keep a THING down, was rapidly loosing weight and was put on an I.V. drip and the Zofran patch (she was diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum). I experienced that for a few weeks during my pregnancy with Boston and was MISERABLE so I could somewhat relate. With her husband traveling like crazy, I decided since I had a free week, Hudson and I would head up to Dallas for the week to be her nurse.
I was basically there to cook, clean, take Krew to and from school, watch him and then most importantly TRY to get Kari to eat and drink.
I was super proud of her one day when I got her to go to Kristin's house for a bit.
That evening, Hudson and Landry (they are bff's) did not want to leave each other so I told Kristin I would take him with me back to Kari's to spend the night.
These two really are the cutest buddies.
Hudson also enjoyed the week of time he got to spend with Krew. And I know Krew enjoyed the company for a change.
When it was time for Hudson and I to head back, we decided to give Kari AND Brandon a break (poor Brandon has been stuck juggling many roles the last little while) and take Krew back to Houston with us.
Which just meant MORE play time for these two cousins.
I'm so grateful they live so much closer now and not all the way in Utah so it's easier to help each other out in these situations. Now let's just pray Kari gets healthier and baby continues to grow big and strong!!! They've been wanting this little baby for awhile!!
1 comment:
You're the best. I know she appreciated it a ton!!!
Post a Comment